Foreigner Gets Custody of Taiwan Child....What now?

Can a foreigner who has been through this give me some advice. I need to change his school to one near me. But all I have is his health card. And his Who Koe Mein Boo is with his mom. What else? His health card address…etc.

He’s in Grade 7.

1 Like

Would suggest going to get replacements for the ID card at the local household registration office.

Kids don’t have an ID card. Just a health card. But they need their “family name book” to register for stuff. I just go ask for a new book?

Do you need the actual book or just the official transcript from the household office? The latter should be easy.

1 Like

If they won’t give you a full household registration book with everyone’s details, just ask for the transcript with only your child’s details. As his legal guardian you can get that.

3 Likes

Thank you.

As an update you definitely won’t be able to get the full household registration book, since you need to be the head of the house or have a signed letter for you to act on their behalf to get that. You can get the transcript though, which has the same information on your child’s behalf. Just now I went to the household registration office with my wife to get a copy to renew my ARC. They wouldn’t give us a copy of the full household registration book but would give us a transcript which has all the same info. It’s just printed on thin paper and doesn’t look as professional. I’m not sure what the actual official difference is.

1 Like