Foreigner goes insane from drugs (no joke)

i find it hard to believe that inhaling unfiltered chemical laden smoke–of just about anything–into your lungs and holding it in won’t cause cancer. people said the same thing about ciggies before studies were done.

[quote=“Mordeth”]

…hobbies, find something to do in your free time that helps you to “escape”…[/quote]

very true! the problem is for a lot of people after taking up some more stimulating hobbies if you will video games or crocheting just don’t cut it… can be a long term process

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]

…been around lots of pot smokers over the years, very few of whom went crazy and many of whom are very stable and responsible… [/quote]

true, pot is a lot closer to alcohol than meth and most will handle it without going crazy :slight_smile: i have on rare occasions though seen people who have frightening reactions to it. the op mentioned that was true of the girl in his story.

This guy died at 34 years old. Pretty young to die of lung cancer don’t you think?

bobepine

I wish they checked for drugs and criminal records before they give ARCs. How can people be teachers AND do drugs? That’s sick.

[quote=“Battery9”]I wish they checked for drugs and criminal records before they give ARCs. How can people be teachers AND do drugs? That’s sick.[/quote]That’s a joke yes? Alcohol is a drug, that leaves few people who should be employed now doesn’t it? :wink:

bobepine

Rather surprised that Space’s name hasn’t yet come up in this thread. May be before many posters’ time I suspect.

Is he still in Taiwan? I don’t believe I ever met the fellow, but I was well familiar with his name and reputation.

Heh. Space was a lightweight. :wink:

Heh. Space was a lightweight. :wink:[/quote]

Space was very cool. He used to do a great “dying cockroach” on the floor of Buffalo Town.

Now…you want to talk about damaged goods? “The Drone”…lived in the Taipei Hostel for a bout 6 months. Spoke in a monotone voice to invisible friends for hours and hours and hours and hours. No job. Finally left Taiwan and ended up a janitor in a hostel in Chungking Mansions.

The city fathers of Edmonton are happy they don’t.

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]
Is he still in Taiwan? I don’t believe I ever met the fellow, but I was well familiar with his name and reputation.[/quote]Space was deported after stomping into the police station at Chung/hsiao and Chung/shan demanding that those lazy incompetent cops do something about the flying saucers landing in front of the railway station. I’m not sure whether it was his attitude or the fact his visa had loooong since expired that made them decide to deport him instead of handing out parking tickets to the aliens. Or maybe it was testing with enough meth in his piss to keep a rave party going for a week. :idunno:

Super nice guy though… could do no harm to anyone but himself.

[quote=“bobepine”][quote=“Mother Theresa”]
I never said it didn’t have adverse health effects. I said it doesn’t cause cancer, it has never killed anyone…
[/quote]

This guy died at 34 years old. Pretty young to die of lung cancer don’t you think?

bobepine[/quote]

Yes, 34 would be young to die of lung cancer, but Bob Marley didn’t die of lung cancer. He died of cancer that was first observed in his toe, then spread upwards infecting his liver, stomach and brain. Are you going to tell me now that smoking pot causes toe cancer? Link please.

[quote=“bobepine”]

bobepine[/quote] But he didn’t die of lung cancer…it was skin cancer which started from his toe. [quote]The cancer that killed Bob Marley started in his right big toe. Doctors advised him to have the toe amputated, but he refused, saying “Rasta no abide amputation. I and I don’t allow a mon ta be dismantled.” The cancer proceeded to spread to the rest of his body and he was dead within four years. [/quote] hotshotdigital.com/OldRock/BobMarley.html

The dangers of being addicted to playing soccer barefoot in the sun.
American comedian Bill Hicks have been a better example of a drug and alcohol related cancer death at a young age but then maybe he just had a weak pancreas.

Does this place really exist or is a euphemism for the local teacher

Does this place really exist or is a euphemism for the local teacher

Typical, pick the easy target and deport the foreigner while doing nothing about the Taiwanese flying saucers :rant:

[quote]Outside of Sanxia. Not a pretty place.[/quote]Don’t go dissing Sanxia.

You

You

[quote=“sandman”]
I’ve seen it several times, strictly as a visitor, never as an inmate.[/quote]

How much do you charge the poor souls? :wink: Do they like your high heels and wig?