Foreigner goes insane from drugs (no joke)

:roflmao:

Ok so Marley didn’t die of lung cancer, I read little about him but I do remember reading that somewhere quite a while back. I hate getting caught when talking out of my ass. :blush: Still, I think long term use of pot can have negative results on your lungs, it just seems logical. And now I’m off topic.

bobepine

[quote=“Chewycorns”][quote=“sandman”]
I’ve seen it several times, strictly as a visitor, never as an inmate.[/quote]

How much do you charge the poor souls? :wink: Do they like your high heels and wig?[/quote]
Not sure what you’re on about, but at least one was plenty thankful for the 2-liter Vitali bottles filled with Candian whiskey I used to smuggle in to him.

[quote=“sandman”]
Space was living at my place when he got deported. Flying saucers weren’t involved.[/quote]Dammit. I’m disappointed. I hate it when good stories turn out to be urban legends.

Intercontinental ballistic missiles!! :notworthy:

bob, we are essentially heading to similar conclusions about balance and moderation.

I just want to add for the health freaks, that half my pot intake is in the form of cookies and cakes. Should I worry about some form of mouth, lip, tounge, cheek cancer. And, yes whomever said it…they are my lungs…

In the collective knowledge laid down in this thread I have yet to hear of one ligitimate case of any drug making a foriegner in Taiwan full blown bat shit, one flew over the cookoo’s nest crazy.

In fact just about every quasi-defense of the OP has been based on moral or health reasons (personal health, not collective…i.e you are going to die, not you are killing us all). So I must say it once again, the only thing crazy about “drugs” is the social culture that misunderstands its use and abuse, and therefore vindicates against use of specific drugs, calling some illegal while others acceptable.

Drug abuse will take one down a crazy path, agreed, but drug use? Haha, your coffee, your twinkies, your 7/11 ice teas make you all drug addicts.

Careful now you don’t all go crazy.

Chou

It’s easy to see how a drug problem could get out of control in Taiwan. Especially when you first move here, or relocate to a new city or get a new job. Nobody knows you, so they have no clue as to a baseline for your behavior. I have often wondered about people I’ve met: there is a guy I know who really looks like he is stoned all the time. I don’t know: is he really stoned all of the time, or was he born with droopy eyes and a mellow disposition? I work with another guy who is prone to wild mood swings. Again, I don’t know: is he bipolar, or on something that causes it? Then there’s the guy who spins a lot of wild conspiracy theories: has he had a screw loose all of his life, or is he on some kind of paranoia-inducer?

It would be sooooo easy to go off the deep end here and not really have anybody to sit you down and have a talk with you the way a good friend should. I thank goodness I have had the good fortune to have made good friends and have a good roomate who are all drug-free, and who would notice immediately if something became different about my behavior. It keeps me on the straight and narrow. :rainbow:

[quote=“bobepine”][quote=“Battery9”]I wish they checked for drugs and criminal records before they give ARCs. How can people be teachers AND do drugs? That’s sick.[/quote]That’s a joke yes? Alcohol is a drug, that leaves few people who should be employed now doesn’t it? :wink:

bobepine[/quote]

YAY!!! That would be brilliant!!! (did I mention that I’m a teetotaller?!) heeeheeeee. :bravo:

DAMN! I was trying to stay out of this nonsense. LOOK! Just do your thing. I get so weary of others trying to correct/change just ordinary folks doing what they would have done anyaways. Just let them do it. They will fail or succeed and it all works out. Come on - - - - Just let the natural rythym flow and life will reward us all. OK!. I’m back to the bar and y’all go on from there.
Luv y’all.

I’m going insane from the lack of them.

Just ask a cop…or a politician, they’re usually the ones who deal…since they can’t be arrested.

I’d like to add mt $2NT worth to this thread.

Firstly I think Marijuana is made out to be a far worse drug than it really is. Physically it is far less harmful than either Alcohol or Cigerettes. It would have to be smoked in unbelievable amounts to cause cancer and is not physically addictive.

If anyone has been addicted to computer games, its kind of the same thing. Its something fun to do and becomes habitual. From my experience computer games have probably had a far more negative impact on my life in terms of productivity. (However I think my resource management skills have improved and Counter-Strike has given me superhuman finger dexterity… or so she told me :sunglasses: )

IMHO, there is a significant difference between your tripped out red tipped PNG Gold thats been hydoponically grown in fastgrow solution under UV light in comparison to the natural Nimbin (for those of you who aren’t familiar with Nimbin, Australia, its like a constant Woodstock without the music) stuff which is completely natural. I think pot increases your creativity but your short term memory suffers as well as motivation.

I think expats have a harder time pyschologically here than back home due to the isolation socially. Depending on what you do here (say if your a teacher working in a purely local environment) then it can be very hard, especially if you are getting by on minimal language skills. Taiwan presents an environment and culture which doesn’t provide much which is familiar to where we came from back home.

My experiences here have given me a respect for expats worldwide who have stepped out from their place of familiarity into the unknown in pursuit of living a better life.

I’m not surprisd in the least foreigners lose their trolley in Taiwan on drugs. Given the demographics, that’s about right. They’re also doing it at home inind you, and more than likely in far greater numbers.

But where does the fault lie? Is it Taiwan? Taiwan certainly can be an eternal party town, as my head can attest. I don’t think drugs are more available here than they could be in your home country. Yes, it can be a schizpophrenic existence here in Taiwan and people could be more inclined towards alleviating their social alienation through drugs, especally if the local language skills are lacking.

Of course, gven the heavy-handeness on drugs here, there is an obvious disinsentive to report drug problems or seek help. If this is mixed with a mental illness, and remember people often attempt to mask mental illness by using drugs and alcohol, it means people get far worse before they are picked up. And usually ionly after they’ve exhausted many crcles of mates.

Recently heard of two from an outer crcle that lost it on ice. That is pure poison that stuff. Mind you, alcohol has certainly kicked my sorry arse this weekend. I swear if I’d done Bobunwaye’s as planned yesterday, I would’ve done a Dylan Thomas.

HG

I just can’t stand it anymore. I have to say my piece. I originally wrote most of this in response to my fellow Canadian going to jail for dealing awhile back. But since the subject just keeps coming up and I’m not one to keep my mouth shut twice in a row, here’s my mouthful.

As far as soft drugs (marijuana and hash) are concerned: since the illegality of weed came about through racism, prejudice, ignorance and political B.S, I think that the laws relating to it are severely outdated. I won

I love this arguement. Fuckin hilarious. Hmmmmmmm could it be that the laws in place (worldwide) including social acceptance (not supporting wacked out habitual drug users) that actually gave you these numbers?

If you legalize drugs you will ultimately increase the death rates in ALL catergories. It’s logic at it’s finest.

Hey, let’s legalize Cocaine/Meth and watch people bug out on their friends. Run around thinking demons are chasing them while suffering from extreme paranoia. UFO’s!!! FBI??? What you lookin at, son? Did ya hear that??? They’re commin for us man…I know it!!!locks the door

Blotter? Hell ya. I love it when people shit themselves after running through a field naked, chasing purple elephants.

Hmmm why not legalize Mary Jane and sit around a fucking camp fire, skip school and play video games all day giving birth to a huge generation of fucktards? Woooohoooo YAY I say…

How bout E/MDMA? Let’s legalize that and we can all watch as grown men rub eachother down and explore themselves. But shit, we’d have to put up with the aftershock of severe depression too.

Herion? Opium? OH PERFECT…legalize that too while we’re at it. Why? so we can lay in bed all day ‘chasing the dragon’.

GHB? WORKS FOR ME!!! Get on it and fall into a coma…we need more dumbasses and damaged women!! One cap away from LA LA Land…

K? Ya let’s. Why not snort up some vet tranquilizer, lose ourselves in a zombie like trance while our eyes twitch like a schizophrenic, uttering to ourselves “When do we get the frikken guns?!!?” (Simpsons)

This argument escapes reality on it’s own.

It’s illegal and part of the allure of drugs is such. Keeps people in check. I can’t imagine legalizing any sort of drug. It would be like a scene straight out of the movie “In The Mouth of Madness”.

Consider yourself lucky that you can kill yourself with Tobaccoo and Alcohol. Here’s a notion…prescription drugs…have a field day boys!!!

You’re weak if you DO drugs. Period.

[quote]You’re weak if you DO drugs. Period.[/quote]True, everytime I put down the bong, I can’t seem to get off the couch, no energy, feeling weak. :wink:

bobepine

[quote=“M0NSTER”]

I love this arguement. Fuckin hilarious. Hmmmmmmm could it be that the laws in place (worldwide) including social acceptance (not supporting wacked out habitual drug users) that actually gave you these numbers?

If you legalize drugs you will ultimately increase the death rates in ALL catergories. It’s logic at it’s finest. [/quote]

I can’t see how thats the case, legalizing drugs doesn’t lead to increased usage. In fact its the criminal element associated with the drug industry that causes the vast majority of problems. Decriminalizing it removes the criminal element. The Netherlands is a pretty good example of how decriminalizing the drug industry leads to lower crime.

If you want to look at death rates, I’d say this comparitive chart sums it up nicely.

drugwarfacts.org/thenethe.htm

Tip: If you want to increase the living standards of your population, develop a tax system that promotes greater equality and provide your citizens with a decent health care system!

The vast majority of people that I know that have smoked pot are pretty well balanced, educated, open-minded and non-aggresive.

Well, I’d say there would be far less “damaged” people in the world if I may use your word a “fucktard” president of the US of A had smoked a few. Perhaps he’d see how many lives he’s destroyed and alienated in his hunt for oil. But lets not get political now…

I have to say, the only thing weak here is your argument. Whilst I’m not for legalizing hard drugs, If you may remember the US’s relatively recent experience in banning alcohol. Can you see the criminalizing aspect of making something illegal? Did it solve any problems?

Coffee and sugar are both drugs… should we ban them too?

Your political stance doesn’t impress me. It’s the same rehashed argument over and over.

Dude, if ya want to go and get retarded smoking a lightbulb then by all means. Go hump Mary Jane somemore, I couldn’t careless.

We agree to disagree.

You say regulate the drug. I say regulate the people because we’re dumb monkey’s anyway. Most of us need a babysitter.

Gwan’n smoke Da Ganja, seen!

The same reHASHed argument… :laughing: . snigger… heee hee… snort … :smiley: … sorry yes… it is a common argument because as far as I can see your side of the argument doesn’t really have any response to it.

You go on to say you have your opinion and I have mine which is all very well and good but you haven’t been able to whats the word?.. my memory isn’t so good… ah… yes, counter any of the arguments.

Unless your inclined to believe that the Dutch are just much smarter than Americans?

Besides, I don’t say regulate the drug, i say DEregulate the drug. (Marijuana anyway)

Hey all the regulation of alcohol really worked didn’t it! Lets take a poll, when was the first time everyone here got pissed?

Actually, this reminds me… I do have an argument for your side. (sort of). In Australia now, smoking is banned in all restaurants and bars, IMHO it wont be long before its banned from everywhere but your home… I think this perhaps will end up being the death of smoking…

I’d respond but I can’t remember what you said. :blush:

My argument is crystal. Laws are in place for a reason. Cops are nothing but babysitters out to spank the people that are out of hand. They can’t get to everyone, that’s for certain. But it sure as hell strikes fear into excessive people. I’d gamble to say that most drug users aren’t responsible enough to handle the shit in the first place. It’s great that some people are sittin there thinking they might get busted or that Mom and Dad, friends or co-workers won’t accept it.

Can you imagine what will happen in North America if they were to relax drug laws? People in North America and Britain are excessive to begin with! Jeeezuz.

Go over my creative illustration of each drug and it’s effect on people. Was I that far off? Oh and yeah this thread has been jacked but I will say that I do believe that people will lose control over time with illicit drug usage.

Oh you mentioned The Prez? Well, it looks like Dubya has smoked one too many as it is. Poor Bastard.

G.W. Bush looks and sounds like Porky Pig after a bong hit and a few lines of Ketamine.