Foreigner Services in Taichung

Has anyone here used FAST (Foreigner Assistance Services in Taiwan)? http://englishintaiwan.com/fast.htm

According to their website, they rent scooters from NT$2000 a month, cell second-hand cell phones, and offer a few other products/services for foreigners finding their feet in Taichung.

There is also a Taichung-based foreign travel agent http://www.whosetravel.com/. Anyone used it?

By the way, I don’t live in Taichung (nor am I considering going there); I’m working on a guide book for waiguoren living in Taiwan.

Cheers :beer:

I’ve used Whose Travel. The office is fairly well hidden but in a good location as there doesn’t seem to be any signs outside to give its location away. It’s a pokey office on the third floor above The Frog pub closest to Sogo.

I’m not sure but I suspect both outfits are run by the same guy. The surname is the same anyway.

They’re brothers, I believe. I haven’t used FAST, but Dale from Whose Travel is a good guy and worth recommending.

I’ve heard good things about Whose Travel…but on the other side I’ve heard mostly negative things about F.A.S.T. The usual point being that the rental scooters are not in good shape and often break down.

Cheers

I have used FAST on a few occassions when im in town on business. Been treated like a king and superb service. I have rented scooters for myself , my wife and friends. Darryl was very helpful I found the scooters and motorcycles i rented to be in top notch mechanical shape.Safe to go out in the mountains.I heard a few stories around their work shop about peoplke running out of gas or not adding oil , or not turning their lights off at daytime and drain the battery and didnt try or forgot how to kick it start the bike. Most renters are new to this most of transportation , as was I .I was given FREE LESSONs befoere rental. But, lets face it , we foreigners are sometimes ignorantI also know they pick up the scooter for free and replace incase of breakdown.So, Im quite sure they keep their bikes very well maintained so not to be spending their tiome retrieving them.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM

See you in the mountains

[quote=“Wildthing”]I have used FAST on a few occassions when im in town on business. Been treated like a king and superb service. I have rented scooters for myself , my wife and friends. Darryl was very helpful I found the scooters and motorcycles i rented to be in top notch mechanical shape.Safe to go out in the mountains.I heard a few stories around their work shop about peoplke running out of gas or not adding oil , or not turning their lights off at daytime and drain the battery and didnt try or forgot how to kick it start the bike. Most renters are new to this most of transportation , as was I .I was given FREE LESSONs befoere rental. But, lets face it , we foreigners are sometimes ignorantI also know they pick up the scooter for free and replace incase of breakdown.So, Im quite sure they keep their bikes very well maintained so not to be spending their tiome retrieving them.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM

See you in the mountains[/quote]

Nice try, wildthing.

What other services are available? Wheres good English speaking place to get foreigners foods and services in Taichung??