Foreigners avoiding each other

That would literally kill him.

And I do mean literally.

Tommy was his nemesis, Donny to his Walter Sobchak.

3 Likes

Was it him who first wrote the oft-repeated line “STFU Tommy”?

I didn’t realize the_chief was still here - I thought they’d stopped posting for roughly similar reasons to sandman. Hello, whoever you are now! We once met very, very briefly at the much-missed Burger Stop!

After many, many years that seems to have become more common in my building’s elevator. And I think it’s my fault! I’m quite happy about that, actually.

1 Like

And that would be so sad…

The wine selection in my local Wellcome has already seen an improvement.

Took my kids to Vancouver, Canada when they were very young. They looked white, so an older Chinese guy sitting on a park bench was startled to hear them speaking Mandarin. He was talking to them, and offered them some (Chinese-style) candy. I looked up and smiled approvingly. Was approached by a couple of busybodies asking if I knew him, and why did I let strangers give my kids candy?
I said that it happened all the time where I lived, and I was mostly concerned that they remembered to say xiexie. They threatened to call a cop on me for child neglect, so we beat a hasty retreat.

4 Likes

I would have waited for the cops to watch them laugh at those idiots.

3 Likes

Its too bad so many people are here under different names. A lot of old timer posters are still here and I thought they had all left which is good and it would be nice to know who they are but I guess they had reasons for username changing

2 Likes

Cursing at them in Chinese would have given the old man a laugh I’m sure.

4 Likes

In Canada, I’d probably have gotten arrested…

1 Like

My Welcome in Zhonghe has been refitted, re signed as Carrefour.
Yeah can’t complain about Carrefour wine selection and prices.

1 Like

:whistle:
:grandpa:

1 Like

@dan2006
I will get badly triggered if anyone comes in as Crusher164367854
But that is not me.:joy:

1 Like

If a “white” foreigner nods at a “white” foreigner is that a kind of white brotherhood thing. Or just empathy for how the f did you end up here too.

1 Like

There’s an ancient saying “lack of stem cells in the scalp makes man bald”. Don’t know if that’s true, or how ancients knew about stem cells …

1 Like

Ok let us get some consensus “to nod or not to nod” or “to nod back or not to.” Now I will feel the sudden onset of a panic attack.the next time a nodding situation arises, which is rare in my area, but it could happen. There was a dodgy looking whitey checking out the budweiser in the 7/11 fridges, but i managed to duck behind the Nachos when he turned around. :wink:

it’s racist and white privilege, don’t you forget it!

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t want to end on the news accused of some white power head nod. It has to be subtle.

2 Likes

Especially if balding and in a wife beater t shirt with flip flops. Then it is game up. So you are a “non nodder” got it.

so, once again, all avenues head straight to the middle-finger secret signal

1 Like

Hanna come back.