Forest School in Sanxia - any experiences?

Does anyone have experience with/information about the “Forest School” in Sanxia?

Are you talking about Cha Jiao Elementary school? Up next to the hot spring resort?

Hmm, maybe… it had the sign “Forest” in Chinese, the sign is on the main road… just past Sanxia township. Do you live out there? If so, what is it like living out that part of “town”?

Living? Rural. Quiet. Cheap. Hillbilly heaven. Weekend tourists.

The school is pretty cool and is not test oriented. Our son did his first year of kindy there and we loved it. We may switch him back next year. They do nature walks almost every day, and the school is in a great spot with a wonderful view of the surrounding mountains. The teaching staff is cool and for the most part not severe in dealing with the kids.

There is another branch of the school which is a bit further back in the hills, also nice, but very small and tucked away in the trees.

Belgian Pie might have some pictures of it.

Oh, it has a kindergarten too? Do you have any info like a website? Looks like our cabin in the woods is going to built out there, so I am checking out education possibilities for two kids.

I don’t, but I may take a ride up there Saturday morning. :smiley:

jd smith,
Did you happen to drop by the school on Saturday?

[quote=“asiababy”]jd smith,
Did you happen to drop by the school on Saturday?[/quote]

I did not. It was too windy for a ride on the motorcycle. Would you like me to get a phone number so that you can contact somewhere up there?

Yes, that would be great thanks. I almost went there Saturday but the weather wasn’t good enough to take the kids out through the bush.