Formosan/ NOT "Forumosan" *TERMITES*

…from HELL…

Question: Who pays?
Tenant? [ was uninformed of the problem, and never having experienced it…was not aware of what to look for]
Landlord? [ Exterminator informed me that the place had been treated previously…and the signs [ now that I am aware] are clear.]

It ain’t cheap…and these b*stards are EVERYWHERE :astonished:
:help:

[quote=“SoulDragoN”]…from HELL…

Question: Who pays?
Tenant? [ was uniformed of the problem, and never having experienced it…was not aware of what to look for]
Landlord? [ Exterminator informed me that the place had been treated previously…and the signs [ now that I am aware] are clear.]

It ain’t cheap…and these b*stards are EVERYWHERE :astonished:
:help:[/quote]
Whose house is it? Does the owner want rid of the termites? Seems simple enough to me.

Simple…of course. :unamused:

Unless one prefers to get the job DONE properly…as opposed to the DIY solution…then you are talking about larger sums.

The query is more with regards to the Tenant Laws/ “Rights”…if any :smiley:

i.e. nondisclosure. etc. ad nauseum.

Sorry to be pedantic, but isn’t it Formosan Not Formusan? Shouldn’t the “u” be changed to an “o”?

By the way, unless you want to purchase your place one day or you plan to live there a long time, just keep using the landlord’s money for a quick fix over and over again. If your landlord doesn’t care enough about their own house to get rid of these wood eaters, then why should you? If it really sucks, maybe ask the landlord for a cheaper price because the termites are eating your furniture, your food and nibbling on your toes at night.

Don’t expect the landlord to pay for the big money but it doesn’t hurt to try. Their thinking is probably more like once they try the cheap method once or twice they will tell you mei ban fa to get rid of them. When you tell them some expert says you can get rid o them but have to spend big money they will either tell you they would have to raise the rent to afford it, or that is a load of BS, their exterminator said it doesn’t work.

Agreed…however this is not a “small” problem. It’s a major infestation and the house is over 70 ping.

Turns out the landlord was WELL aware of the problem and “forgot” to make mention of it. He was also a royal prick about the whole thing when he came by to inspect the problem for himself.

The cost to eradicate is just over one month’s rent with a warranty of 5 years. So…arghhh…if it were a problem that cropped up after living there a year or two, it’s one thing. This is the first month! I am not willing to pay for it.

I want to find the Laws. Withholding that sort of information…is unacceptable.
Thanks for the feedback Hobart.