Formoz 2007

I’ve just seen some of the bands lined up for this years event…

Mercury Rev
OK GO
Explosions in the sky

It’s not exactly the furries and Carl Barat but will probably be a good weekend again.

It says on their website that it’ll be twice as big as last year - that venue is such a cool place for a festival, just a shame we couldn’t all camp in YuanShan park too!

I think the dates are July 27th - 29th

formoz.com/2007/

I don’t see Ok Go on the website - are you sure? Silly though they are I have a soft spot for them.

I do see The Flaming Lips, who are awesome live.

[quote=“Brendon”]I don’t see Ok Go on the website - are you sure? Silly though they are I have a soft spot for them.

I do see The Flaming Lips, who are awesome live.[/quote]

WHAT! WHAT?
I checked the sight and I sure don’t see the Flaming Lips.
I do see OK Go though.
I’d MUCH rather see The Flaming Lips.

[quote=“Josefus”][quote=“Brendon”]I don’t see Ok Go on the website - are you sure? Silly though they are I have a soft spot for them.

I do see The Flaming Lips, who are awesome live.[/quote]

WHAT! WHAT?
I checked the sight and I sure don’t see the Flaming Lips.
I do see OK Go though.
I’d MUCH rather see The Flaming Lips.[/quote]

mercury rev and yo la tengo and explosions in the sky and OK Go all confirmed…

flaming lips are only mentioned in passing…

but mercury rev and yo la tengo are pretty big names so it’s looking good

Ah, right. I guess I should pay more attention to those all squiggly little doodles, and not just latch onto the English words.

Pretty bad form to define all your acts in terms of other bands they kinda sound like, though. Now I see Ok Go – on the artists page but not, strangely, on the news page I was looking at. Crappy website.

Sorry for the false alarm :wink:

I assume that the Formoz festival is still in debt from all those typhoon cancellations two years ago, so they can’t afford to get any really expensive acts.

no that was haihoyan out at fulong no?

formoz is at the wonderful children’s fun park in yuanshan…quite the cutest little venue for a rock fest. i ever did see…

and 3 or 4 internationally famous acts isn’t bad for taiwan…last year’s super furry animals show was well worth the price of admission…

but yeah check out the fuji rock lineup this year smash-uk.com/frf07/lineup.html …saturday headliners yet to be confirmed (meaning iggy isn’t even a headliner?)…drool

i see !!! are playing…i can type it but i cant pronounce it :astonished:

muse and kings of leon on the friday :notworthy: