Formula One = Michael Schumacher

Interested to know how many F1 supporters there are in Taiwan.Do you just like it,or do you LOVE it.
I went to the Malaysian GP in March.It was great.Im a very big Ferrari supporter and I had a wonderful weekend.The only problem was that there was no English tours(If you can call it like that).So I was stucked up with 12 Taiwanese most of the time.
Michael Schumacher is the best driver there ever was,is,and ever will be.

To all the Mclaren supporters,well I dont even wanna say something.You know they suck this year.
Bmw is a big joke.
Please let me hear your thoughts and maybe next year we can arrange a Western Tour to Malaysia.

Rassie, have been a follower of F1 for nigh on 30 years, and attended many grand prix, however not sure i can agree with your assessment of Schumacher, the stats do not make him the best of all time.

well the stats are skewed as when Fangio raced there were only 8 GP’s per yar and not 18 as now.

Schumi will hold all the records before he retires… only one more to go really and that is Pole Positions which Schumi doesnt really care about anyway, it’s race wins that count. If you look at Schumi’s podium places vs gp entered then you have your real idea of his record. Or even just look at his points finishing positions.

I gave up a ticket for the Shanghai Grand Prix in the unobtainable Diamond VIP area block booked by the Shanghai City government because I thought my company was going (they bought 150 Platinum tickets). Then my company went under.

Great. :frowning:

(waiting for Schumacher to retire)

I think Schumi will do his thing again this weekend.and ralf made his move to Toyota.Best change ever.I wonder whats going to happen with the Williams seats.My guess is Webber and …

sport.guardian.co.uk/formulaone/ … 79,00.html

There have been 10 grands prix this season and Schumacher has won nine of them. The tenth, the one he did not win, was run at Monaco, over a circuit laid out on public roads 75 years ago, following the natural contours of the land and with corners that were not designed by a computer. The nine he won were held on tracks looking more like Scalextric layouts, interchangeably bland and practically risk-free. In such a setting Schumacher’s superiority faces no challenge. The conclusion could hardly be more obvious.

At Monaco the unexpected happened, as it used to happen all the time in grand prix racing. But in all the furore surrounding formula one, amid the debate about curbing the technology or making the cars slower or arranging the starting grid by ballot, no one is paying attention to the fundamental problems, and to the way the sport - as opposed to the business - has been ruined by men whose priority is their own enrichment.

Silverstone has been in use for half a century. Laid out on the perimeter runways of a disused aerodrome, it was not in any way picturesque, but it had a rough charm of its own. Now it, too, has been standardised and much of its character assiduously erased. The paddock, where the drivers were once accessible to any fan willing to pay five shillings for a pass, has for years been surrounded with as much wire as Camp Delta. Access to the pit lane is open only to sponsors and their guests, who pay

[quote=“rassie”]Interested to know how many F1 supporters there are in Taiwan.Do you just like it,or do you LOVE it.

Please let me hear your thoughts and maybe next year we can arrange a Western Tour to Malaysia.[/quote]

My brother loves it, and so does my boy. My brother would very likely come over if we could arrange such a tour. I’d go too. And so would my boy.

I watch all the races live, and never miss them regardless of the time they are on.

So I gues I love F1, but also MotogGP just as much, and superbikes as well. I watch them all.

Looks like Mclaren is back on track.I think its going to be an interesting race tomorrow.It’s gonna be the first tight race of the season.

Rassie, dont be so quick with that assessment, Raikonen produced a good lap, Coulthard did not, and one good lap does not mean that McLaren are back. To often they have failed to finish due to mechanical problems, have they been solved, we have to wait and see.

Williams were disappointing, and it will be interesting to see if Williams keep either driver to the end of the season.

What do all of you think about the qualifying yesterday.I think it sucked and surely hope that they will change it before the end of the year,but all of us know it’s not going to happen.It’s a shame.

Wonder who’s going to be the new BMW drivers?
I heard something about Mikka Hakkinen making his way back.

Stirling Moss can drive pretty fast. And I used to work for Jackie Stewart.

Do you guys think Pizzonia is the best driver Williams can get to finish the season.
I thought Mclaren had problems,but I think its even worse at BMW.
All the people quitting F1 now(or wants to quit)is not a good thing for the sport.

a) to the statement of rassie :
Sorry to say so but with a person so biased, I would not really like to join a GP
Ferrari, ferrari, ferrari, yeah, yeah, yeah
Schumi: yeah, yeah, yeah - the best forever whatever comes
everthing else sucks

• oh man, what a sportsfan, pretty onesided view -
    In the times where F1 was really exciting, when teams like
    Williams Ford, Brabham BMW, Brabham Ford, McLarenTagPorsche, Williams Honda, MclarenHonda dominated the F1
  • Ferrari was THE LOOSER TEAM for more than 20 years!
  • nice to have them back, but seems to me its getting on the nerves to see them 4 times in a row as F1 champ- now F1 is more like a good sleeping pill for me

b) to satelite TV :
I agree pole position does not count at all
however there is one record schumi will NOT break
there is only one Driver who was able to win the F1 championship with three different engines FORD, BMW, Honda (81,83,87)

• and that shows skill - : Nelson Piquet.
    I assume Schumi does not have the guts to leave Ferrari to break that record (why should he, they pay him excellent and are technically superior at the moment (unfortunately)
    also it has to be admitted that without him, ferrari would not be where they are now

I assume most guys would agree that F1 is boring since at least two years
…in the 80’s it was far more interesting with Senna, Lauda, Piquet, Prost, Mansell : and much more difficult to dominate.

[quote=“alfasud”]to satelite TV :
there is only one Driver who was able to win the F1 championship with three different engines FORD, BMW, Honda (81,83,87)

Alfasud need a history lesson. Schumacher won with Bennoton FORD in 1994, Benneton Renault in 1995 and his others with Ferrari… So he has 3 championships with 3 engine manufacturers… only record poles he doesnt have…

So sad you drive an Alfa 157 with a broken gearbox hehehehe

[quote=“Satellite TV”][quote=“alfasud”]to satelite TV :

Alfasud need a history lesson. Schumacher won with Bennoton FORD in 1994, Benneton Renault in 1995 and his others with Ferrari… So he has 3 championships with 3 engine manufacturers… only record poles he doesnt have…

So sad you drive an Alfa 157 with a broken gearbox hehehehe[/quote][/quote]

satellite tv : as usual , you talk lousy crap.
OK , I give You the credit : Schumi got three championships with different engines, but

a) still he did not break that record!, and probably will never be able to, as he likes to stick with Ferrari
b) there are neither 3 or 4 drivers at the moment which really can compete with him, neither a team which comes close to the ferrari, so F1 is definitelly not as exciting as in the eighties
c) what is an Alfa 157?
d) at least I did not have to stop for a day in the middle of nowhere, as I heard about an Australien idiot driving an Audi A4 where the fuel pump gave up and died, sorry for You…

by the way an Alfa 156 is still one of the most beautiful cars on the market,
what is an Audi A4??, - an ugly piece of retarded waste as You are!!

Yes Mr Alfasud, my fuel pump died but my car still got me where I want to be… just a day later

Yes, your black Alfa is beautiful… but it is rather cramped inside… not a lot of room… quite good for short people… Never saw an Alfa 156 win any races… at least the Audi A4 has won many touring car championships…

You are so much like Schumacher, you want perfection as a German, so you drive an Italian car hehehehe

Ferrari need 13 points more than Renault this weekend to win the constructor championship.
Do you guys think it will happen this weekend,or do we have to wait another 2 weeks for the next race.

[quote=“rassie”]Ferrari need 13 points more than Renault this weekend to win the constructor championship.
Do you guys think it will happen this weekend,or do we have to wait another 2 weeks for the next race.[/quote]

Renault only need to score 6 points to stop Ferrari winning the constructors title this weekend. Thats quite possible so I would think 2 weeks later.

You would also need to bank on Ferrari coming in at least 2nd and 3rd and Renault scoring no points to do it this weekend. Kimi is looking strong and who knows how the race itself will turn out.