Forumosa Deadhead Happy Hour at Carnegie's

Forumosa’s November 15 Happy Hour is a special one - an evening of great food, drinks, and fantastic music, hosted by The Magnificent Tigerman and the Incomparable jdsmith. It is a Grateful Dead night, so put on your best tie-dye t-shirt and groove to the music - jdsmith and Tigerman have prepared a memorable soundtrack for the entire Happy Hour!

And thanks goes out to TpeBob who is again offering Forumosans $100 drinks all night long. Carnegie’s serves food until late, too, so come hungry!

Carnegie’s is located at 100 Anhe Road, Section2. The happy hour starts at 7:30!

We should organize a party to make our own tie dye in advance of this – otherwise no one’s gonna have anything to wear! :smiley: Who knows where to get the supplies and how to do it?

EDIT: Oh, Hippieshop.com and wildflowerdyes.com both ship tie dye items to Taiwan for reasonable rates.

Many thanks to Maoman and TpeBob for giving jdsmith and myself and all yinz too this opportunity to sit in a fantastic bar/restaurant and listen to the Grateful Dead…

I’m going out of my head with excitement…

Hope to see all of yinz there!

You sound very grateful.

Yeah. Dead grateful. Sorry I’ll miss this one.

[quote=“Tigerman”]
Many thanks to Maoman and TpeBob for giving jdsmith and myself and all yinz too this opportunity to sit in a fantastic bar/restaurant and listen to the Grateful Dead…

I’m going out of my head with excitement…

Hope to see all of yinz there![/quote]

This is a wonderful idea. Count me in, barring force majeure (which Tigerman could probably help me with, so just count me in).

Good choice of venue, especially given that Thomas, the fellow who always sits at the end of the bar toward the door at Carnegies, and whom I always assumed was the general manager of the place (until I learned it was some mysterious and low-profile fellow named Bob) is a former Dead roadie, er, groupie, who may rival Tigerman and crew in his Dead collection (though Carnegies may need to put in an eight-track tape player, umh, I mean cassette player, for the evening if they wish to mine his archive).

[quote]There’s mosquitoes on the river.
Fish are rising up like birds.
It’s been hot for seven weeks now,
Too hot to even speak now.
Did you hear what I just heard?

Say, it might have been a fiddle,
Or it could have been the wind.
But there seems to be a beat, now.
I can feel it in my feet, now.
Listen, here it comes again!

There’s a band out on the highway.
They’re high-steppin’ into town.
They’re a rainbow full of sound.
It’s fireworks, calliopes and clowns –

Everybody’s dancing.
Come on, children. Come on, children,
Come on clap your hands.

Sun went down in honey.
Moon came up in wine.
Stars were spinnin’ dizzy,
Lord, the band kept us so busy
We forgot about the time.

They’re a band beyond description
Like Jehovah’s favorite choir.
People joinin’ hand in hand
While the music plays the band.
Lord, they’re setting us on fire.

Crazy rooster crowin’ midnight.
Balls of lightning roll along.
Old men sing about their dreams.
Women laugh and children scream,
And the band keeps playin’ on.

Keep on dancin’ through to daylight.
Greet the morning air with song.
No one’s noticed, but the band’s all packed and gone.
Was it ever here at all?

But they keep on dancing.
C’mon, children. C’mon, children,
Come on clap your hands.

Well, the cool breeze came on Tuesday,
And the corn’s a bumper crop.
The fields are full of dancing,
Full of singing and romancing,
'Cause the music never stopped.[/quote]

[quote=“Dragonbones”]We should organize a party to make our own tie dye in advance of this – otherwise no one’s gonna have anything to wear! :smiley: Who knows where to get the supplies and how to do it?

EDIT: Oh, Hippieshop.com and wildflowerdyes.com both ship tie dye items to Taiwan for reasonable rates.[/quote]

I can try to organise a tie-dying session next week if anyone’s interested.

Definitely! Do you know where to get the dyes and all that? I assume we will each bring our own blank clothing and then we’ll chip in for the cost of the dyes. Let us know what to bring, like rubber gloves and so on.

That’s the spirit!

What he said.

Seriously, I’ve been meaning to come to a happy hour for a while now, meet some of the Forumosans here and there, but one with a Grateful Dead theme for me is like garlic to a vampire. Same goes with Abba, if that too is in the mix in the future.
No offense.

FWIW, I doubt I’ll be in theme. No tie dyed stuff and not likely to get any soon.

But, I will be there :slight_smile:

Mer,

Hope you change your mind… I’d like to meet you.

Dunno if you’ve ever listened to live Grateful Dead… but, it isn’t like any Dead you’ve ever heard on the radio. Surely you do not dislike improvisational jazz, rock, blues, and country/bluegrass? …what do you like? Just curious.

Truant… looking forward to seeing you and your better half there… don’t worry about theme or style… far as I could ever tell… the only theme or style at Dead shows was your own… free style… Bob Weir (Grateful Dead rythm guitarist and vocalist) wore Izods as much as anything else up on stage.

Dude, you don’t have to dress up. It’s just like any other happy hour except that a few more people will be wearing GD shirts. :idunno:

I have to agree with you on the ABBA theme, though – THAT one I’ll be sure to skip! :wink:

[quote=“Dragonbones”]We should organize a party to make our own tie dye in advance of this – otherwise no one’s gonna have anything to wear! :smiley: Who knows where to get the supplies and how to do it?

EDIT: Oh, Hippieshop.com and wildflowerdyes.com both ship tie dye items to Taiwan for reasonable rates.[/quote]

I got some procion dyes… anyone want any??

Will there be any happy hours on fridays at all? I noticed it used to be fridays and now it’s never fridays…

Only three more days to go! Yay! Here’s a little something from Youtube to tide you over until then:

Grateful Dead - Touch Of Grey :rainbow: :sunglasses:

Hey now! This is a better video!

Dead at MSG in 1987 after Garcia had recovered from his '86 coma.
youtube.com/watch?v=lqVVe6lG0IE

See you all soon. :rainbow:

Believe it if you need it, or leave it if you dare.

youtube.com/watch?v=AgTpELkfRaA

Another great video! :rainbow:

Someone needs to host a happy hour at The wall…

anyone got contacts?