Forumosa NFL Pick’em contest 2019

Season starts tomorrow!

Any live games in taipei? I know the times are tough but night games are reasonable. I came to taipei mid season last year and ended up just scanning scores on my phone…
is game pass the best option? Are you guys using any streaming options? Does TW tv have anything?
Im not so good with technology
Thanks

There’s always the UK games.

What does that mean? Sorry im clueless

Every year they play a couple of games in the UK, which start about 9:30 PM our time.

Ok got it

@Rzarobbie

Game Pass all the way baby! $126.00 USD for the year. Make sure you log in from Taiwan or use a VPN to make your computer appear in Taiwan when you make your purchase. The prices are different in every country. Japan is about $199.00 USD for the year.

2 Likes

Game Pass is definitely the way to go here in Taiwan. They throw in RedZone as a bonus, so if you are free to stay up all night Sundays, you have access to the absolute best way to watch the full slate of Sunday games.

If you can’t stay glued to your seat from 1am (soon to be midnight) Monday until 8:45-ish (when all the day’s touchdowns are replayed) on RZ - and if you’re using a VPN or a device like Unblock Tech TW - another option is NFL on Sky Sports. This is an unintentionally hilarious UK program hosted by a Brit, color by Shaun Gayle ( '85 Bears safety on the 46), and a sawed-off, Canadian special teams coach of the Hamilton Tigercats in the CFL named Jeff Reinebold providing analysis.

Gayle is there to provide credibility. Reinebold is there to sell the NFL to (perhaps) wary Brits and as a cultural bridge. The Brit host is there to tie it all together and maintain Sky’s brand.

Last season was beyond amusing. Sky Sports also employed Rob Ryan; unfortunately this season Ryan is a linebackers coach for the Skins and so he’s unavailable. Gayle and Ryan come from the same world, a world foreign to Britain and one Reinebold seemed simultaneously aghast by and envious of.

I highly recommend the Sky Sports show if you can find it, even without Ryan. Mostly for a break from RedZone, but Reinebold’s coaching analysis is solid and besides, Shaun Gayle. It’s like watching When Worlds Collide Part 2.

Have you joined the Superbru league at the link? If so, welcome! If not, why not?

2 Likes

That sounds hilarious.

It was almost surreal. Watching Ryan was like watching an earthling suddenly plunked down among Martians (or vice versa). The cultural friction was palpable.

Last year it was carried by Sky Sports Action, fwiw.

Some bars around town will replay games on Monday night. The Local did it, but not sure they still do.

I pay up for Gamepass and watch whenever I can. Tomorrow morning kicks off with Bears-Packers! Go Pack!

1 Like

It’s nice to watch the condensed games when you get up on Monday.

There are two condensed versions available on youtube. The shortest one is released as soon as NFL films edits it (couple hours or so after game ends) and it’s just game highlights. The longer condensed version strips out everything that isn’t the time between the huddle break and the tackle; it usually ends up ~40 minutes in length. This second one is just play followed by play followed by play etc., and last season was available for all games within 48 hours (or so).

And a few days later the entire game is available to watch, commercial free.

Wow, I did not know that. Did this Utube replay thing start last year?

Not sure. I’ll try to post the names of the yt channels next week.

Cool, first kickoff.

Jim McMahon doesn’t look like he’s changed much since 1985. At least he looks healthy.

How in the fuck is Mitch Trubisky an NFL QB? Colin Kaepernick would have owned the NFL if Trubisky had been spraying a pigskin all over Soldier Field when it was litigated.

Trubisky may be retarded. :thinking:

I was in a fantasy draft last week where Trubisky went in the fifth round. Jesus.

Trubisky is a FA in my league :joy:

1 Like

21 at century enslavement of black men as a form of entertainment.

1 Like

But it pays well