Forumosa NFL Pick’em contest 2019

Dang, I forgot you folks down there have football too.

That’s so cute!

1 Like

As a Bears fan, I’ll take Trubisky over Culter any. damn. day.

Check back after week 8. I’m thinking you might change your mind.

You know Trubisky is bad when the announcers are bragging about how good his feet look compared to last year. :smile:

1 Like

I’m watching the game (Sorry Colin) but missed that as I had a phone call. But dang…but have they seen the sidewalks in Chicago tho?

Who dat? Please don’t let me mislead you, I am NOT schooled in or a NFL fan. Just a fan of the Bears.

Pretty good defensive game. Offense…not so much!

But, I like how the game turned out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsB7UQ8BlE0

Would be better if I’d posted this 12 hours ago, but it’s good enough to merit posting anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUnLwM1JfKI

1 Like

I likey the outcome. Bears down. :joy:

Youse know they do talk like dat in ChiCAWgo😉

2 Likes

Game highlights, yt channel = NFL

Condensed version, yt channel = NFL Full Games 2019/2020

Full game, no commercials, yt channel = NFL Full Games 2019/2020

1 Like

Not earthquaking news given AB’s odd behavior since week 17 of last season. Evidently Oakland has finally had its fill of his diva thing. Not sure what exactly is the source of his self-destructive behavior, but he’s rapidly moving into “far more trouble than he could ever be worth” territory currently occupied by Colin Kaepernick and Ray Rice.

Rumor has it the Pats are interested. In the last two weeks I’ve participated in probably more than two dozen mock drafts. In all but two of those drafts I was able to pick up Tom Brady in the 14th round. In one of those two drafts I was able to get Roethlisberger instead, and Brady finished undrafted in that mock draft (in the other draft another person picked Brady in the 10th round).

If you drafted Brady as your fantasy QB, and if AB ends up in Foxboro and can be brought back to the light, then woah Nellie. Can you imagine Tom Brady throwing into trips with Josh Gordon, Antonio Brown, Julian Edelman out wide, and with James White or Sony Michel releasing out of the backfield? That’s a defensive nightmare for any team in the NFL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfbMuHv0rME

And yep, Antonio Brown signs with the Patriots. Guess we’ll see the true extent of Belichick’s receiver-whisperer talents now. If the Pats can talk AB into a safe landing from around whichever planet he currently orbits, and if the Pats can help keep Josh Gordon’s substance dependency in check, then look out Patriots.

I really really really really hope this blows up in NE’s face.

Ugh. The NFL’s new blind-side block penalty makes its first appearance in the Cleveland-Tenn game. This is not good. I have a feeling this rule change is going to lead to low-scoring games and lots of penalties, especially late in the season (when offenses are adjusting to non-OL injuries) and in the playoffs.

The call against Cleveland was questionable at best. :-1:

Jets WR just got called for one.

1 Like

Yesterday, for the first time in his 13-year NFL career, Adrian Peterson, aka AP, aka AD (All Day), aka Purple Jesus was a healthy scratch in a regular season game.

There are precious few professional athletes I look up to, and even fewer I would encourage children to look up to, but Peterson is firmly on that list. Great guy, tremendous competitor, never complained, always positive (even when the Redskins’ DeJon Gomes inverted his knee on Christmas Eve 2011), never gave less than 100%, and a pro athlete who managed to stay a normal, unassuming human bean (see video) while also becoming one of the NFL’s greatest players of all time. :salute:

End of an era. :bowing:

:grimacing:

Not interested. His family, his kids. They all seem healthy and well-adjusted. Besides, when I was a kid my mother purchased a “board of education,” i.e., an oak bed slat punctured with a dozen or so holes for me and each of my siblings. And she used them. My pa preferred to use an osage orange switch that he had me cut and bring to him.

Of course you’re free to judge, nobody can stop you. Judge away. I still tip my hat to AP, he’s legend.

He made his child’s genitals bleed, legend indeed.