Forumosa NFL Pick’em contest 2019

As I said, judge away my friend.

@ckw_64 has taken the prestigious Forumosa yellow helmet :yellow_helmet: for our first week largely on the strength of four “bonus points”. Only one player didn’t get their picks in, but Superbru allows you a week of default picks for the home team (with the chance to gather WP only, no BP or MP) so all will not be lost if you miss a week.

More on scoring. You get a 1.0 “win point” (“WP”) for each correct pick, a 0.5 “margin point” (“MP”) for each score within 5 points of the winning margin, a 1.0 “bonus point” (“BP”) when your score is the closest in our pool and within 15 points of the winning margin, and “slam points” (“SP”) for picking a high number of winners:

Points scored go up in the playoffs and Super Bowl rounds.

OK, have fun with the week’s picks!

I’m so confused. I thought I had done well this week, but I’m way down the list. Hmmm.

One of many questions: What does TDM stand for?

Results%20-%20Week%20001%20List%20REAL Results%20-%20Week%20001%20Points%20Break%20Down%20REAL

Points, points, points!

Super%20Bru%20-%20Win%20Point%20(final)

Super%20Bru%20-%20Bonus%20Point%20(final)

Super%20Bru%20-%20Margin%20Point%20(final)

Super%20Bru%20-%20Slam%20Point%20(final)

1 Like

5th is not really “way down”. It’s at least just as “way up”!

TDM is “total distance from margin” and only used for tiebreakers

https://superbru.reamaze.com/kb/points/how-are-ties-broken-in-the-leaderboard-rankings

1 Like

Is there an actual yellow helmet? If so I will ceremoniously wear it to work this week.

I’m not even sure there’s an actual football helmet in Taiwan

These guys wear them

What the heck is that?

Meiguo ren football in Taiwan. Dig it.

All I could find in a quick look was la Compañía Nacional de Fuerza y Luz lol.

1 Like

Next home game Oct 12. Let’s go

1 Like

Thursday Night Football was an underwhelming game to say the least. But, I stuck it out and watched to the very end.

My analysis:

1. Something is definitely wrong with Cam Newton. Shoulder, foot, toe or a combination of both. The fourth and inches to get a first down should have been a classic “Super Man” dive into the end zone or at least a quick reach for a first down to give them four more opportunities to win the game. Also, his passes varied considerably from throwing perfect lasers to absolute ducks which were way off. Lastly, his attire during the post game presser looked clownish and juvenile!
  1. Christian McCaffrey was held to an unremarkable 16 carries for a grand total of 37 yards and was expected to make a 1st down or hopefully a touch down on that ridiculous fake reverse sweep. McCaffrey is a remarkable young man, but he can’t be expected to do it all.

2. Extra kudos to “Wooden Spoon Boy” Halfwit, who was the only one of us hacks to have the intestinal fortitude to choose Tampa Bay led by Jameis Rapist Crab Thief and Mikey Evans to waltz into Charlotte and get the W. Good on you “Wooden Spoon Boy”! You’ve started out the week well on your way to passing the wooden spoon onto someone else, hopefully not me!

1 Like

So, I understood the weekly Golden Cap honor for this NFL pool, but I saw Halfwit at the bottom with what appeared to be a spoon of some type. The SuperBru site didn’t really cover it clearly and obviously like the Golden Cap honor, but as I assumed and verified later, the wooden spoon is for the pooler who receives the “honor” for worst for the week’s picks.

Then, I found that they actually sell the golden caps and wooden spoons. Looks cool.

1 Like

Thursday night games, ugh. Both teams played the season’s first “real contact” game just four days ago and McCaffery racked up more than 200 yards in total offense. Even for men in the low and mid-twenties, it takes longer to absorb that level of physical punishment.

Because they don’t practice using contact much any more, and because neither team’s first offense played in the week 4 preseason game, their regular season week 1 game was the first real bruising either team took. On Sunday they would have been fine. On Thursday night they’re not and about anything can happen, especially the first Thursday night game.

NFL owners are greedy af.

1 Like

Round 2 Results - Nice going Captain @tempogain Gold Cap Man!
SuperBru%20Week%20002%20Results%20edited

Here’s a screenshot of how Round 2 shown above was scored based on the points system. Questions: What does the yellow rubber ducky above Hamerlinck’s name mean?

Overall Leaderboard for the Season - Post Round 2
SuperBru%20Week%20002%20Results%20edited%20again

Round 3 should be more interesting now that Big Ben Rothlisrapist is out for the season due to his elbow surgery and Drew Brees is gone for a minimum of 6-8 weeks for the torn ligament in his throwing hand thumb. The poor Jets were already in trouble when Darnold came down with Mononucleosis and couldn’t play, but now Trevor Simien got injured on that cheap shot during MNF, so the Jets now have to rely on their QB 3 for the foreseeable future. As if it wasn’t already looking too easy for TB12 and the Patriots to take the division. The only divisional team that could possibly beat them now are the Bills, but I’m not going to hold my breath.

I’m not sure Falk didn’t look better than Simien. Not that it really matters. Bills look good so far!

A duck is a score of zero in cricket so I guess that’s it. The site’s mostly focused on Commonwealth sports as you’ll see if you look around

Looks like I did pretty well on the margins. I’ll definitely take credit for picking the Pats by 45

1 Like

low scoring games
too many flags

Still too early to tell. Week #1 was more like “final week of training camp,” and Week #2 they’re still working the kinks out due to lack of contact in training camp (also, see Week #1). The eff’d up training camp situation has also led to a ton of serious injuries in both weeks.

Things should take on a more normal look in a couple weeks, maybe October.

1 Like