Forumosa T-Shirts

Edit. Less tasteful heads have prevailed. I’m just too far ahead of the style curve for some folk. :stuck_out_tongue:

Goose Eggs avatar is cool. But leave off the ‘Happy Hour’ stuff. Thats irrelevant to those of us who live in the other cities…Tainan for example.

Sandman, I know you just told me on the phone to disregard the above post, but actually, I kinda like it. I have one question - Is it bad, from an aesthetic point of view to write the words Xin Taiwanren in a square? Would it be xin in the top lefthand corner, with tai in the top righthand corner, and wan and ren in the bottom? Chinese experts, your input, please…

Maoman, I’ll bring this up with Jojo tonight. She’s probably best-placed to say if this would look weird or not. We definitely don’t want any Chinese that would make native speakers snigger. If you like, and if she’s agreeable, I could ask her to do two – one four-square and one with the four characters left-to-right.
From a graphics point of view, the square design would look better underneath the rectangular Forumosa logo (two rectangle designs one above the other wouldn’t look as good, IMO).

What about names? I really think it would be cool to have our “forumosa aliases” located somewhere on the shirt. Hopefully we can find a supplier that has XXlarge for Forumosans like myself who have large “gas tanks” for their love machines.

:wink:

Could some people post their ideas here as an image. Too much flying around to get a handle on what possiblities exist.

I’ve been assured that sizing won’t be a problem.

[quote=“Chewycorns”]What about names? I really think it would be cool to have our “forumosa aliases” located somewhere on the shirt. Hopefully we can find a supplier that has XXlarge for Forumosans like myself who have large “gas tanks” for their love machines.

:wink:[/quote]

I think our love handles are standard Western size :stuck_out_tongue:

Custom made t-shirts with your alias printed across the back will drive up the cost. You can buy iron-on letters/numbers and do it yourself so we can keep the cost down.

Ya mean I have to pay the same price for an XS as someone buying an XXL? Dang!

[quote=“914”]Custom made t-shirts with your alias printed across the back will drive up the cost. You can buy iron-on letters/numbers and do it yourself so we can keep the cost down.

Ya mean I have to pay the same price for an XS as someone buying an XXL? Dang![/quote]

I would pay extra to have the “name” imprinted on professionally. My own opinion is that after seeing a “Forumosa” shirt being worn, one would automatically wonder “who is that.” This way people know without having to ask.

Maoman said:

So it won’t show the wine stains from Alleycats?

Do we get to vote on which model we like? Will there be scans of the options posted or will it be a surprise?

Iron-ons peel after a while.

Here’s the current state of things:

1. The t-shirt, at least initially, will be a tan colour, with burgundy lettering. We’re still shying away from white, and still pretty firm on using Forumosa colours.
  2. We liked Sandman’s suggestion regarding logo design. We’re going to leave the front of the shirt blank except for a small Forumosa logo over the front left breast, minus the words “Taiwan-Oriented Online Community”, because they would be too small to be properly readable. The back of the shirt will have our logo over the shoulder blades and underneath that we’ll have a square “chop” type arrangement of the 4 Chinese characters that make up the words Xin Taiwanren.

Here’s where we need your help: Graphic designers, can you help us come up with the design of the chop pattern? No money in it for you, but we can probably swing a free t-shirt… :wink:

It’s funny, today I stepped into a cab and told the driver my destination. My Chinese, which is adequate at best, seemed to impress him so much that he called me a “Xin Taiwanren.” First time that ever happened.

Enjoyed the chat with the driver, but no thanks. I prefer to remain a “meiguoren” living in Taiwan. Any way to put that on my t-shirt? :wink:

I’ve got one of those black magic marker pens… that should do the trick.

:wink:

[quote=“smerf”]It’s funny, today I stepped into a cab and told the driver my destination. My Chinese, which is adequate at best, seemed to impress him so much that he called me a “Xin Taiwanren.” First time that ever happened.

Enjoyed the chat with the driver, but no thanks. I prefer to remain a “meiguoren” living in Taiwan. Any way to put that on my t-shirt? :wink:[/quote]You can get special paper you can print on, then transfer it with an iron onto your shirt. fiddly process though, the iron needs to be at melting point, and you have to peel the paper off without it tearing.

Ooh…can we have a forumosa sand volleyball team? We could wear them and do trip down south by bus…that way none of us will get separated from the group and therefore lost all eternity. Go and visit Tainan Cowboy and crash at his place to save on a hotel room.

That’s an idea: T-shirt transfers :slight_smile:

So like whats the deal with these shirts, i’m running out of funds and would rather get one then waste it on more junk I dont need!

Patience, young jedi. We’re still actively working on it. :sunglasses:

If T-shirts can be made in the XXL size and is any color other than white, I will definitely buy one.