Forumosa T-Shirts

Good idea, I’m not the same size as my college days, bigger is better and I think black is very slimming.

Maoman, can you print the new rules for Forumosa on this T-shirt ?
You better order only XXL shirts !

Here are some design ideas for the Forumosa t-shirt.

ALMOST Not Safe For Work :smiley:

I’ve kept in mind Maoman’s design idea above, and this is my best attempt at a tan shirt with a nice logo and seal, using Forumosa colors:
FRONT:

BACK: (sorry, I don’t have a good rear of tan tee pic; pretend)

And this is what a tank top would look like:

but thought I’d also show what a number of other combinations and ideas look like, just so y’all can consider them, too. BTW, if we go with a screen-printing service but supply our own shirts, folks could choose their own color and style of shirt, then get the same logo on all of them. But be careful! If the logo is the two colors above, it will only look good on a light-colored shirt, like white, light gray, cream, light tan, etc.

Note that the designs continue in several more postings later in this thread.

GROUP ONE simple one-color logo on breast

Style #1 all-burgundy simple name on breast – tan

Style #2 same on cucumber

Style #3 same on khaki

Style #4 same on white top (imagine on tee).

Did you even notice there was a logo in that picture? :wink:

Style #5 white logo on burgundy, modeled by our very own 914

Style #6 white logo on black - t-shirt version

#6b same, short tank version

#6c same on red, one for the ladies, by request…

GROUP TWO 2-color logo (one color plus burgundy island)

Style #7 black logo with burgundy island (i.e., 2-color logo) on white

Note that the burgundy element, being small in #7, can be highlighted by adding something like a border, or here, an underline in burgundy:

#7b modeled by our very own Anisll (left)

Style #8 2-color logo on grey polo

Style #9 2-color on tan

CONTINUED in several more postings further on down in the thread…

Thanks, Dragonbones! :notworthy:

I do look good in burgundy, don’t I?

continued from above…

GROUP THREE logo with border

Style #10 burgundy & black in border on tan

(The addition of the burgundy border above nicely complements the burgundy island; if we use a 2-color logo on anything except white, I’d recommend this or an underline as earlier)

GROUP FOUR logo plus seal (2 vsns. of seal)

Style #11 burgundy & clerical seal A on tan

Style #11b 2-color logo & clerical seal on lime

Style #11c same on tan tank

11d #11d two-color small logo, clerical seal small on tan
NOTE: This is what I recommend if we go with a tan shirt; the burgundy seal below the logo helps bring out the burgundy color of the island; and the two-color logo looks a lot nicer than the all-burg logo as in #11 above.

On violet in white

Style #12 burgundy & xiaozhuan seal on tan

#12b on “cream”

#12c small logo and xiaozhuan seal in white on black

Style #13 burgundy & xiaozhuan seal in double border on white

Style #14 burgundy & xiaozhuan seal on seedling green

Style #14b white & xiaozhuan seal on blue

GROUP FIVE black font, burgundy isle, white background

Style #15 on burgundy/wine

Style #16 same on gray

GROUP SIX large front logo

Style #17 burgundy on tan

Style #18 burgundy on lemon peel

Style #19 two-color logo on white

Style #20a large all-white logo front on bright red

#20b same doggy-style, on black

CONTINUES STILL FURTHER BELOW…

continued from two earlier postings above…

GROUP SEVEN
FRONT LOGO PLUS SEAL

Style #21 large frontal 2-color logo plus clerical seal on mudstud

Style #21 on jailbait (right)

Style #22 large frontal 2-color logo plus xiaozhuan seal on white

Style #23 large frontal burgundy and xiaozhuan on lemon peel

GROUP EIGHT large front logo and 2nd line
Style #24 on white

GROUP NINE The Forumosa Underwear Collection
Style #25 briefs with repeated waistband logo

to be continued with rear views…

NOTE: Pls send me PM with any suggestions for modifications or combinations you’d like to see. I’ll add them to existing posts via “edit”.

If you have a good pic needing a logo added, or a better logo idea, pls upload to Imageshack then paste into PM to me, or PM me for email address.

If you want to be a model for the logos, feel free to send your own photo in a suitable t-shirt or tanktop. Thanks so far to 914, Mordeth and Anisll for agreeing to be models!

CONTINUES FURTHER BELOW…

continues from three earlier posts…

REAR VIEWS
GROUP TEN, SIMPLE REAR LOGO

Style #26 Simple rear logo burgundy on gray

Style #27 Simple rear logo black on cream/tan

Style #27b Simple rear logo burgundy on cream/tan

Style #28a Simple rear logo white on black

Style #28b Simple rear logo white on burgundy

Style #29 2-color rear logo on tan

Style #30 3-color logo (with white background bar) on black

GROUP ELEVEN, SIMPLE REAR LOGO WITH SEAL

Style #31 Simple rear logo burgundy on gray with xiaozhuan seal

Style #32 Simple large rear logo with clerical seal on black

Style #33 Simple large rear logo with xiaozhuan seal on black

#33b with fine border

#33c with inverse seal

GROUP TWELVE: 2-LINE LOGO PLUS SEAL
(This is the group I recommend for the shirt back)

Style #34 2-line logo plus seal, clerical
34a) on black

Style #35 2-line logo plus seal, xiaozhuan
35a) on black

35b) on white with clerical seal

35c) same on red

35d) same in white on dark tan

35e) same in burgundy on dark tan

If you have any additional logo and/or color combo’s you’d like to see in this last group, please send me a PM; if you want a different color, attach a pic of a solid color tanktop, t-shirt or polo shirt (rear view). You can upload them to ImageShack, then paste the direct link in your PM and enclose it in the bookends.

Phew! I think I’m done. :beatnik: Comments? Suggestions?

Oh. my. god.

I get to decide which one I want? This is fabulous. Do they come with maid’s outfits too?

Excellent work!

Well, I’m not in charge here, but I would suggest that we have a discussion, and later, a vote; due to the large number of options, I’d suggest we each get multiple votes; then we can have a runoff election.

It would also be great if we found a silk screener who could do the logo on any shirts we individually provide; everyone could have their own shirt color that way. Does anyone here have silk-screening skills? We’ve got such small volume, maybe we should do this ourselves…

Then again, having all the shirts be the same color is also good for a group identity.

As for adding handles, we can probably do that ourselves at a funday workshop, printing the name out onto a clear plastic sheet from a laser printer, then cutting a stencil with an X-acto knife, and brushing the name onto that with acrylic paint. Or I can freehand them with brush or permanent marker if you prefer.

Note that I’m limiting the designs to light logos on dark colors, or dark logos on light shirts, because you need good contrast to look good. I’m doing white shirts mostly because photos of them on the web are easy to find; but I agree they get dingy too easily; black shirts because they’re popular, my favorite, and slimming; tan/cream, burgundy and gray shirts because they’re the best base colors for the Forumosa colors; greens and blues because these are many people’s favorite colors; and others just for variety.

I hope we can get them slightly larger than the “Taiwan Republic” T-shirts available on TaiwanHO. I ordered their largest size and it just barely fits. For us lard asses, I hope 3X or 4X can be made.

What can you do with this:

:slight_smile:

That’s yet another reason to screen them ourselves or get a printer who will also do some on self-supplied shirts, in addition to shirts they supply. If we separate the shirt sourcing from the screenprinting services, we’d have more flexibility in this regard, for both size and color too. With the right size logo, folks could even screen it onto undies, swimwear, jackets, etc.

Hillarious. You have too much free time, DB. Great stuff!

:bravo: :laughing: :bravo: :laughing: :bravo: :laughing: :bravo: :laughing: :bravo: :laughing:

And then you post Mr. Bean in Forumosa Y-fronts! What’s the MATTER with you? :laughing:

Seriously, those are brilliant!

That’s yet another reason to screen them ourselves or get a printer who will also do some on self-supplied shirts, in addition to shirts they supply. If we separate the shirt sourcing from the screenprinting services, we’d have more flexibility in this regard, for both size and color too. With the right size logo, folks could even screen it onto undies, swimwear, jackets, etc.[/quote]

A friend of mine is a student of the Department of Textiles and Clothing, I’ll ask her if she could help. Also, when I was in high schoo, each class all had thier own class-t-shirt, we designed the logo, decided the colour etc and give them to the 廠商 to make the t-shirt, 廠商 will show us some samples first, to see if we like it or want to make some change, after the final decision, they start doing it, we got the cloth after about a week or so. I remembered it cost 300 each? No sure, but I’ll ask more details and tell ya later.

:wink:

[quote=“Tigerman”]What can you do with this:

:slight_smile:[/quote]

Trying to stump me? :slight_smile:

[quote=“Dragonbones”]35b) on white with clerical seal

[/quote]

Oh dear, that’s hilarious!!! :smiley: :notworthy:

Yeah, that rascal Mordeth, always getting in trouble… :laughing:

Oh yeah, That’s me on the left!! :blush: :smiley: