Forumosa's auto-censor (words automatically edited - why?)

I was going to ask how you did that without being censored. But now I can see… :bravo:[/quote]
So now you guys know the work around. :wink: I’m merging this discussion but you’ll still be able to find Loretta’s poll [url=That bloody autocensor

I like the auto-censor feature. It’s proven to be immensely useful for standardization of place names and addresses. If only Taiwan’s sign-makers had access to this kind of auto-censor, Taiwan would be a much easier place to get around!

Place names aside, we’ve heard the complaints about language-censoring before. There just doesn’t seem to be a lot of opportunity to use some words, whether it’s the name Ur, or racial epithets like chink or nigger. As far as pate goes, we’re willing to bet that the street name of Bade Road comes up a lot more than references to a bald pate, or pate fois-gras. Same goes for bushes - the political kind gets a lot more discussion than the shrubbery kind.

Again, here’s the work around if you wish to talk about a bald pate, or a bird in the bush, or a chink in one’s armor.

a bald pa[u][/u]te, or a bird in the b[i][/i]ush, or a ch[b][/b]ink in one's armor