Found: Black Terrier w/ Bell Collar

Found a lost black terrier with a little yellow bell collar in the Xinyi area (Song Ren Rd) on Feb. 21st. Looked like he had been out for a couple weeks, his hair was pretty ratty, but his nails had been recently cut, and he wasn’t starving, but drinking soapy water and looking confused. If anyone sees an ad for this kind of dog, please give me a call at 0911840233.

Have you checked for an ID chip?

Great job, by the way, and best of luck.

Haven’t checked for the chip yet, the vets in my area are closed till tomorrow…is there a way i can check myself? Anyway, He’s very friendly, to other people and dogs, but hasn’t made a sound since I found him (strange?) Going to make posters later and hope for the best.

You need a special chip reader to do that. Vets have them and so does the Taipei Animal Shelter (though you really don’t want to leave the dog there, as you know). Most vets only have one or two different kinds of reader; if you can find a vet with three or - better - a universal chip reader, that would be best.

There are several vets in the Xinyi area that I know of, but I don’t know what readers they have. If you find a good one, please let me know. If you need directions to other vets, also let me know.

Thank you so much. I’ll take him to our vet tomorrow and will check on different vets around here to see if anyone recognize him. He’s really a good dog and if I can’t find his onwer hopefully someone will adopt him. I would have keep him myself but I already got 2 dogs… and the last thing I would do is to put him into the government shelter. I will contact you if I need more info about the vets. Thanks again.