Four wheels bad, two wheels good?

Proper set up car can out corner bikes… Also if you want to go drag to the extreme, modify a car will be faster (anything below 8 sec. in 1/4 mile is out bike terroritory, at least to my knowledge). Bike would always have power to weight ratio advantage I guess (except when you’re talking about Formula 1).

this is the best number I have ever seen, Motor Trend’s number is slightly higher than this.

In any case if I have the money to afford F430 (easily over 250k with mark up), I proabably won’t be too bothered with a 70k project car (I can modify the heck out of this new Z06 without worry too much). I guess now Viper really have to do something to stay in the game.

F430 TEST Italian magazine Quattroruote

Quattroruote 5/2005
Ferrari F430 F1 composite brakes

Top speed
317.788 Kph @ 8650 rpm (197.5 Mph)

Acceleration Kph

0-60 Kph 1.6s (!!!)
0-100 3.6s (62.1 mph)
0-160 8.1s (99.1 mph)
0-200 12.5s (124.1 Mph)
0-240 18.6s (150 Mph)

1/4 mile 11.6s (!!!) @ 193.9 Kph

True. Many people think bikes main advantage is the handling. Not true…a car can with some effort brake and corner as well as a bike. Bikes main advantage is acceleration. But I’m sure if someone bought a 70,000 dollar car and sunk another 10,000 or so into mods for it…it might be as quick as a stock 9,000 dollar bike.

Fastest quater miles have been set in cars. There have been two 3 second 1/4 mile times confirmed. They were both accomplished by rocket (not jet) powered race cars.
The Rocket Funny Car record was set by the late "Slammin’ " Sammy Miller at 3.583 seconds @ 386.26 mph in 2002.
The all time quickest 1/4 mile ever recorded was by stunt woman Kitty O’Neill in 1977 at an incredible 3.235 seconds @ 412.50 mph.

From this video it doesn’t seem that a bike is any slower in corners than a comparable car. Seems like the bike was faster through corners and on the straights.

7digital.com/shops/assets/fifthgear/lamb.asp

how fast are the modified bikes in 1/4

I have a mag here where they took a professional rider. Gave him a stock 600cc sportsbike (suzuki, I think) and he got into the 9s. The only mod they did was a smaller front gear.

Also here is a neat link for 1/4 mile times for STOCK bikes.
motorcyclistonline.com/performancedata/

how about the fastest modified bike how fast is it

hey man I am thinking about getting into fast bikes and want to get one…so far I only rode 50 cc scooters…can you recommend me a fast bike for beginners…how much new and used

[quote=“ironfist”]how about the fastest modified bike how fast is it

hey man I am thinking about getting into fast bikes and want to get one…so far I only rode 50 cc scooters…can you recommend me a fast bike for beginners…how much new and used[/quote]

I don’t know about “the fastest”, but here is a 8.47 seconds 1/4 mile done by a Hayabusa.

Best to watch the video at times other than peak internet times.

As far as getting a motorbike…RZRs and NSRs are good starting bikes with a sporty feel to them. You can pick one up from 7k to 40k

[quote=“KawasakiRider”]From this video it doesn’t seem that a bike is any slower in corners than a comparable car. Seems like the bike was faster through corners and on the straights.

7digital.com/shops/assets/fifthgear/lamb.asp[/quote]

after that week, Tiff brought up Mosler 900 to win it again. Even in this video you can see car out break bike, and better corner entry and exit. It’s much easier for car to produce over 1g during cornering.

You saw how the bike end up sliding, that’s not the fastest way around a track for sure, so alternatively the guy can break earlier, and hope his huge acceleration will make up for it.

Bike’s problem in quarter mile is its tendecy to go wheelie :smiley: with so much power on a small package, which can be fun, but not fast (that’s just my personal observation on all the videos I have seen). Cars also have traction problem top fuel drag race car are limited to 7000hp for that reason if I remember correctly.

[quote=“clee19821013”]

after that week, Tiff brought up Mosler 900 to win it again. Even in this video you can see car out break bike, and better corner entry and exit. It’s much easier for car to produce over 1g during cornering.

You saw how the bike end up sliding, that’s not the fastest way around a track for sure, so alternatively the guy can break earlier, and hope his huge acceleration will make up for it.[/quote]

Uhh, maybe, but the bike did WIN in that video. And the track was pretty curvy. And I don’t know how you can say the car is better on exit…if you look at the ‘over lapped’ second corner which shows the bike and car on the track at the same time…the bike flys away from the Lambo on the exit.

[quote=“clee19821013”][quote=“KawasakiRider”]From this video it doesn’t seem that a bike is any slower in corners than a comparable car. Seems like the bike was faster through corners and on the straights.

You saw how the bike end up sliding, that’s not the fastest way around a track for sure, so alternatively the guy can break earlier, and hope his huge acceleration will make up for it.[/quote][/quote]

check out some supermoto action, like flat-track, but with front brakes…sliding around corners like butter:

bikepics.com/movies/000062/
southbayriders.com/forums/sh … hp?t=14083

A bike is more like a fun toy for me. Not everyday transportation. Motorcycles are just too dangerous and who wants to drive one in the rain or on a blistering hot day?

I also do not like any Corvettes newer than a 1967. Too many red necks in the US drive Vettes. I prefer European sports cars over American muscle cars. They handle better too and save the Japanese cars for the Asian Ricers.

delete double post please

[quote=“Mordeth”][quote=“clee19821013”]

You saw how the bike end up sliding, that’s not the fastest way around a track for sure, so alternatively the guy can break earlier, and hope his huge acceleration will make up for it.[/quote]

Uhh, maybe, but the bike did WIN in that video. And the track was pretty curvy. And I don’t know how you can say the car is better on exit…if you look at the ‘over lapped’ second corner which shows the bike and car on the track at the same time…the bike flys away from the Lambo on the exit.[/quote]

correction for me there, not the exit, bike certainly has its advantage of immense acceleration out of the corner.

[quote=“Hobart”]A bike is more like a fun toy for me. Not everyday transportation. Motorcycles are just too dangerous and who wants to drive one in the rain or on a blistering hot day?

I also do not like any Corvettes newer than a 1967. Too many red necks in the US drive Vettes. I prefer European sports cars over American muscle cars. They handle better too and save the Japanese cars for the Asian Ricers.[/quote]

Corvette handles pretty well, and Viper handles well to certain point, it’s different driving style than European sports car. Put both 911 turbo and Z06 on a track, you will be surprisied at how close they got to each other.

given enough money I will buy a european exotic (much more refined), but then buy something like the new Z06, modified the hell out of it.

and red neck, lol :smiley:

[quote=“mungacious”][quote=“clee19821013”][quote=“KawasakiRider”]From this video it doesn’t seem that a bike is any slower in corners than a comparable car. Seems like the bike was faster through corners and on the straights.

check out some supermoto action, like flat-track, but with front brakes…sliding around corners like butter:

bikepics.com/movies/000062/
southbayriders.com/forums/sh … hp?t=14083[/quote][/quote]

thanks, dude

Sorry Ironfist, as the thread changed so rapidly to another “bikes good, cars not so good” discussion I decided to merge it in here.

Mordeth, next time you want to discuss this topic, just do it in this thread, OK?