Foxconn Foxtron Electric Cars

The stupidest branding from any Taiwanese economy ever and that’s saying something.

2 Likes

Maybe Foxconntinental…

1 Like

Isn’t it basically ripping off Tesla branding?

2 Likes

Or you can do this? Tesla motors and battery packs used.
Electric classics

However no classic cars in Taiwan, 80’s Merc would be pretty cool though.

Sure looked like it. I would have thought lawsuits would be flying by now.

It seems they don’t intend to sell their own branded cars. It was more of a proof of concept and to show they can manufacture and design them. Although the chairman of the company just said ‘they don’t know how to make electric vehicles’. :neutral_face:

What a strange company.

I doubt the lawsuit would fly. “Model” isn’t exactly a distinct trademark for cars.

I remember trademarks take into account if it is in the the same industry and the whole look of the brand logo and product . One would think they are flying close to the wind.
You are correct that there have been many previous ‘Models’ and it’s a pretty generic word of course.

That sedan is incredibly ugly.

1 Like

That bus is the boxiest thing I have ever seen

2 Likes

Foxtroll?

2 Likes

It seem everyone is trying to make an EV nowadays. :laughing:

Xiaomi CEO says firm to mass produce its own cars in H1 2024

SHANGHAI, Oct 19 (Reuters) - Xiaomi Corp (1810.HK)Chief Executive Lei Jun said the Chinese smartphone maker will mass produce its own cars in the first half of 2024, a company spokesperson said on Tuesday.

The comments, which were made at a investor event, were first reported by local media and later confirmed by the company.

Zang Ziyuan, a director in Xiaomi’s international marketing department, also posted the news on his verified Weibo account.

The date marks the next major target for the company’s fledgling electric vehicle (EV) division, which Xiaomi formally announced earlier this year.

Xiaomi shares jumped 5.4% to HK$22.50, the biggest daily percentage rise since May 12, extending gains for the third straight session.

In March, Xiaomi said it would commit to investing $10 billion in a new electric car division over the next ten years. The company completed the business registration of its EV unit in late August. L4N2Q310P.

The company has ramped up hiring for the unit, though it has yet to reveal if it will produce the car independently or via partnership with an existing carmaker.

2 Likes

Many new comers will try, many will fail.

2 Likes

Dyson tried it but cost prohibitive.

1 Like

I think they are supposed to be reference designs, they aren’t releasing as own brand. They want other named brands to see and work with them as an odm

They’ll make the base chassis, electronics, battery packs. At least assemble them, they’ll likely have sub-contractors doing most of the stuff.

The bus looks like it could be blown over by a strong gust of wind. Wouldn’t want to be in that heap during a typhoon.

1 Like

Looks good. If Taiwan plays it smart, maybe it can finally get into auto industry.

1 Like

It’s EV, Lithium batteries are very heavy, so the center of gravity should be lower than conventional buses.

1 Like

“Foxconn said to be in talks to help Saudi Arabia build BMW-based EVs ## Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund will create new entity called Velocity”

Posted on Reddit

Foxconn aims to grab 5% of global market within next three years

So it’s almost been 3 years, have they grabbed that 5% yet?

I didn’t realize these were made by Foxconn. I have also seen some other electric busses in New Taipei, will have to see if they also have the Foxtron logo.

1 Like