🇫🇷 France | Riots in France - How is Travel Affected?

Riots around the country (again), but still when I go have a great time, things are good, food great. France remains first world (for the most part ok, some bad parts) with all the unrest and short working hours too, to me always wonder how can they be so rich (current richest person is French)

Care to share more about your French travel experiences or do you have any question? Otherwise I don’t really understand the opening of this topic.

Probably in reference to the rioting that has followed the shooting of a teenager in Paris. Although I don’t really get the point of the thread.

OK, let’s provide some travel related info here:

it’ll all stop in a few days when TdF starts

Because France colonized many countries in the world. Their wealth came from all the plunder they had in the past.

All of it?

Interesting perspective on what’s gong on in France from the Imam of Peace…

https://twitter.com/manototv/status/1568570240812056577

I worked for a French manufacturing company in Nouvelle Aquitaine for a few years that actually had a few people of Middle East/North Africa descent in cadre-level positions. That was impressive because it often isn’t the norm.

Lots of systemic racism in the system and Mr. Napolean Macron is more interested in attending Elton John concerts. :laughing: I think the 5th Republic is going to go the way of the “dodo” bird.

1 Like

this what I wonder after each riot? But when I visit its like a rich place that nothing happened (no signs of a riot, but well maybe I avoid those hoods)

There is literally no connection. Not a lot of black French youth in the pro peloton. Although Cofidis finally won a stage yesterday so that might help.

yes, just offering some levity to the riots