Free & Anonymous HIV rapid test for Gay male

1 Like

Thereā€™s a minute chance of many things.

Iā€™m still not understanding what per exposure means. What if someone lasts 2 pumps? Is that persons risk lower. Asking for a friend.

1 Like

I think it just mean per ā€˜sexual sessionā€™. You know, like when you do it together, then bust a nut. Thatā€™s one session.

Indeed. Just as heterosexual males should not waste resources getting checked for fears after vaginal intercourse.

But I would assume the more insertion and the longer itā€™s in there. The more risk?

Sperm is the main vector no? The amount of time seems irrelevant there. But if abrasion should lead to blood transfer it would be relevant. Iā€™d guess thatā€™s statistically less likely though.

You mean semen

I think for the women. I thought itā€™s possible abrasions where thereā€™s blood and vaginal fluids for the guy with a HIV infected lady. So wouldnā€™t the longer itā€™s in there and more insertions mean more risk for a guy?

It doesnā€™t seem like it would make sense based on the stats. Saliva swapping isnā€™t even listed, maybe my fears are exaggerated but I wouldnā€™t want to go swapping it wantonly if it was me.

That seems logical.

Iā€™m not sure which is stupider, the idea that thereā€™s a special type of HIV testing for ā€œgayā€ people, as opposed to straight people, or that ā€œgayā€ is capitalized in the title.

1 Like

I donā€™t think thatā€™s the definition, at least based on my understanding. ā€˜Exposureā€™ appears to be sexual encounter or sexual event, not how many pumping or how deep and long you inserted it. Thatā€™s probably a different study and a much more complicated one.

But iā€™m just saying the primary way a man gets it from a HIV positive women is from abrasions where blood is transferred or from her vaginal fluids correct? So the more insertions would likely more chances of abrasions where blood is passed between the two and the longer itā€™s inside, the more vaginal fluids would be in contact with the man. So wouldnā€™t these two factors play a role in the risk per exposure?

I am not sure if HIV testing in Taiwan is the same as that of in UK and US, but the idea of why there is a separate testing facility for gays are:

1. They do counselling first. They talk to you on your sexual encounters, etc. People who work there are trained specifically to talk with gay people and most of the time they are gay themselves.

2. Facilities like this are supported by NGOs. And these NGOs are gay NGO. Obviously, they want resources to be supporting gays and not the general male population.

I personally donā€™t think so.

Once you get in there, you already get exposed to the vaginal fluids, I donā€™t think you will get ā€˜more riskā€™ of it. Itā€™s like uhm, you went for a shower. You turn on the shower. You got wet. You stopped the shower. Then turn on again. How wet can you be? Hence, I count that as one exposure.

But continually letting it get in contact with infected fluids surely increases the risk?

1 Like

I donā€™t think so. You already get exposed to the risk. I donā€™t think doing more pumping in and out will further increase the risk. However, I think you will increase the risk, when you go back to her (or another girl) the next day for another round - which I think is a new exposure. (Actually the risk/exposure to the same person I believe is less)

Increased friction*time, increased chance of abrasions, increased chance of blood transfer, increased risk.

4 Likes

ā€œDoctor, Iā€™m afraid that I may have picked up some phobias!ā€ :astonished:

1 Like