Free Frills

1. If you act a little wild on airplanes, you may get some free drugs.
    cnn.com/2003/US/Midwest/03/1 … index.html

2. I have seen “free massages” for an elderly complaining of pain.

3. If you are tired, you can get a wheel chair with driver.

Does anyone know of other

I like airlines like Japan Asia Airlines who will give you a free
deck of cards IF you ask for them as you board. The ones
I received two different times had pictures of various sites
of interest in Japan and were helpful to use when getting
around (show the picture and people point which way to go).

If you are a child (or act childish enough), maybe you can get
the sack of things for given that is given out on many airlines
with a coloring book, etc.

I also am happy that if you reserve 72 hours ahead of time, you
can change the type of meals you get. I sometimes order
Vegetarian or sometimes a Moslem-style meal if I am on the
right airline. You have to contact the airlines to find out what
choices are offered on your particular flight.

Also heard that when you fly British Airways, there are alot more
frills than most other airlines. DO NOT know if this is true as I
have never flown with them.

Many airlines will give you postcards, envelopes and writing paper. You give the letters/postcards to the flight attendants before you leave the plane and the airline will post them for you.

Didn’t notice any when I flew BA. Perhaps you need to ask, so what’s on offer?

Don’t kids get free airline toys if you ask for them too? I remember my brother/sister always get toys from Eva (without my parents even asking, but that was when Eva was brand new).

I once got a 30-minute hand massage (the kind that’s good for headaches) from a stunningly gorgeous China Airlines hostess. Problem was, it was the terror of flying CAL that gave me the headache in the first place.

And before any smart-asses get the wrong idea, by hand massage I mean she was massaging my hand, not using her hand to massage something else (although that’s also very good for headache).

Are you sure you were awake those 30 mins?

When I was a kid, airlines would let my brothers and sisters and me go visit the cockpit during flight to say hello to the pilots and check out all the fancy equipment. I don’t think airlines do that anymore, especially after 911. Too bad.

I remember once we got a whole row of airline seats (3 seats). My dad was working for the airline at the time. Man did we have a lot of fun with those.

You can get the free frill of a bed in economy class by coughing loudly without covering your mouth. Everyone will move away from you and then you can lay across the seats and sleep.

No one has made any reference to the mile high club so far :laughing:
Now I have taken this thread further into the gutter.

After reading the article on spiked juice I am more than a little afraid to take my kid on an airplane.

[quote=“Boss Hogg”]What is this in English?

[quote=“scchu”][quote=“Boss Hogg”]What is this in English?

[quote]No one has made any reference to the mile high club so far
Now I have taken this thread further into the gutter. [/quote]

Never had the pleasure, but I did once join the metre-high club in a train across Indonesia.

That wasn’t a ‘frill’ provided by the operators tho’. You have to bring (or pick up) your own victim.

I did once see a guy get a free bloody nose, courtesy of Air France.

If you are a couple travelling together…tell every airline official you see that you are on your honeymoon…we got swamped with first class frills and other assorted trinkits as well as lovely smiles…

I was on my honeymoon tho…so don’t rag on me…just sharing…

BTW…no longer married… :unamused:

[quote=“tmwc”][quote]No one has made any reference to the mile high club so far
Now I have taken this thread further into the gutter. [/quote]

Never had the pleasure, but I did once join the metre-high club in a train across Indonesia.

That wasn’t a ‘frill’ provided by the operators tho’. You have to bring (or pick up) your own victim.[/quote]

As the founding father of the Metre High Club, I welcome you TMWC…upon reciept of your dues, you will become an official member in good standing…keep rockin’ the rails…

However…one of our bylaws clearly states that choosing a “victim” is contra-indicated…rape is not sex…it’s about power…so either amend your vocabulary or tear up your temporary membership card…

Toe

I was presented with a brick of dung-like cake and a glass of water as the only inflight refreshment on a Yemen Airways flight from Damascus to Cairo. The other passengers, most of whom were garbed and smelt like camel herdsmen, tucked into it with lip-smacking gusto!

Saudia pumps out “Allah Akhbar” over the airplane PA system before take off, and as the plane throttles back, you get prayers for safe travel. Interesting frill, I think.