Free VOIP internet telephony to land-lines: VOIPbuster

Hi, I just saw this on a German discussion board, downloaded it and called our land-line number here in Taiwan - no problem, free calls to land lines in the US, the UK, Taiwan, Germany, and many many other countries … beats skype! :slight_smile: Enjoy, Xpet.

From their FAQ : Is VoipBuster available for Mac OS, Linux, Palm OS, Pocket PC…?

Currently, VoipBuster is only available for Windows. Stay tuned for more information about other platforms.

:frowning:

Note tricky wording – the “unlimited” free calls could either be unlimited one-minute-each calls AND only if you register, or unlimited in duration if you register.

I am betting that they require registration and a credit-card purchase of € 1 in order to use the service at all, and then only for one-minute-duration free calls (plus all the paid calls you want, of course). If anyone tries it, please post.

I saw the 1 EUR thing after signing up, but I could use the service without paying up first, but all calls, that seems to be right, are limited to 1 min if you don’t pay. What they wrote to me (registration confirmation e-mail) was that once you pay 1 EUR, you have unlimited calls, not sure whether I understood that correctly or how it works, but I’m actually happy with free 1 minute calls for now … :wink:

Downloaded it. Will check this out further.

um…i haven’t tried it yet, but it seems like a scam,
check out da ratez,
voipbuster.com/en/rates.html

how can they list Canada calling for free? impossible, i dont see how they could survive, I spend (as well as my friends) $20/month calling US/Canada, and so do others, other companies would collapse if they offered free unlimited calling to these destinations.

Even their Taiwan landline is free, which should be impossible.

I predict this company will go bankrupt soon, in da meantime, will use it dis weekend and see how da quality is :slight_smile:

Not so impossible. I was calling the US/Canada for Free for months with Delta Three (www.ureach.com) five years ago, and they’re still around.

hey guys,

be careful with this, after installing it,
my PC started acting strangely, so I
uninstalled it before it crashes my hdd

one example is: my display has started
blinking all of a sudden, that’s enough reason
for me to get rid of it…

cheers,

I take it back, their service is amazing, I tried over da weekend and spent hours chatting wid friends. Its really good quality, just as good as voipjet, unfortunately I can’t get it to work in Linux, I tried setting up my SIP client XLite, but it kept saying call rejected not sure why. Their windows software works fine though.

Hopefully they dont change their service fees/quality anytyme soon.

I can hear ppl, but ppl can not hear me.

Everything is fine when I chat using other applications, such as netmeeting.

What do u think is wrong?

Thank you, :)!

[quote=“New2Commuting”]I can hear people, but people can not hear me.

Everything is fine when I chat using other applications, such as netmeeting.

What do u think is wrong?

Thank you, :slight_smile:![/quote]

um…it worked out of the box for me, not sure…simplest idea would be to just check the volume settings and make sure the mic is not muted.