šŸ¤æ Freediving

Hi guys, just discovered this thread today.

I am a freedive instructor and certified by AIDA and Molchanovs.

I just published a podcast aimed at total noobs in freediving and answer many of the questions above. https://freedivepodcast.com/podcast

The first two episodes are out which answeres the questions What is freediving and Is Freediving Dangerous.

There will be 2 episodes a week only 5-10 minuts in length.

But I canā€™t recommend enough to take a freedive course, Episode 3 will help illustrate that as I breakdown the terrible technique from the guy in My Octopus teacher and how he put his life at risk with his awful technique, Thatā€™ll be out on Tuesday.

I live on Xiaoliuqiu and teach freediving here and if anyone have any quesitons about freediving please reach out to me on IG @freedivenomad or can just ask here. I also have a free FAQ e-book which you can grab at freedivenomadtaiwan.com

And yes, there are many hot women in freediving it seems.

2 Likes

I never told you?

Are you guys open for business? Are people headed there this season?

Unfortunately no, I havenā€™t taught a course since early May and I havenā€™t even been in the ocean in over a month.

1 Like

Welcome to Forumosa. You just dove into the deep end.

who dis?

I like going deep

You know me in another place. We were exchanging messages.

You should be OK in this thread, but sometimes in others it can get rough.

:joy::rofl::laughing:

The waters around Taiwan are fine for beginnner freedivers, especially in Xiaoliuqiu which is naturally more protected from winds.

If you fear water, you could consider taking a freedive or scuba course in Divecube.

I wrote a blog post about it

1 Like

Itā€™s not cold anymore, happy to answer any questions you have!

1 Like

Iā€™ll contact you if any chance of heading to Xiaoliuqiu arises. I like going out snorkeling just with my family (wife, son, and daughter). But my wife is worried that I donā€™t know the waters so I promised her next time, I would get an instructor familiar with the local conditions to take us out. Last time on Green Island, I took my son out for about two hours. It was just us two with the occasional snorkeling group joining us. My wife was watching from our hotel and scared the whole time! Our son was 8 and she thought I was crazy for taking him out so far into the ocean.

And of course I am interested in learning more about freediving. This was supposed to be the year in which I learned more about this sport.

I donā€™t know about Green Island but waters here are generally fine for snorkelling, its just a matter of how many turtles you will see when you go out. Having said that, we do check wind conditions and high and low tide the day before we go out but generally the West side of the island is calm during the winter and the East side is fine during the summer.

If you come down to Xiaoliuqiu give me a shout whether you are learning freediving from me or not.

1 Like

60 meters/196 feet

2 Likes

Vertical Blue, one of the premier freediving compeitions, is starting tonight at 9pm.

You can watch the live stream here

There are four world record attempts tonight:

11:00am/6:00pm - Alexey Molchanov - 126m/413ft FIM
11:24am/6:24pm - Alessia Zecchini - 115m/377ft CWT
11:36am/6:36pm - Alenka Artnik - 118m/387ft CWT
11:49am/6:49pm - Arnaud Jerald - 116m/381ft CWTB

Watch Alessia Zecchini - she should easily hit this mark and look like she dove 10 meters when she surfaces.

If you want primer on watching freedive competitions check out episode 4 of my podcast here

2 Likes

Current diver live announced intent 80 meters.

Are they in Bali? Where are they exactly?

Deanā€™s Blue Hole on Long Island Bahamas

Found it

Deanā€™s Blue Hole
https://goo.gl/maps/GPPxm18qJkZHRP6r8