Freedom of Movement

I think any of us regulars can temp it too. Not sure it needs to be at this point though. Maybe if it drags on three dozen posts.

1 Like

I know there is a thread about coronavirus-related travel restrictions.

Maybe we can change the title of this thread to something like ā€œHow Has the Coronavirus Impacted Your Travel(Plans)?ā€

Then everyone can start whining like the spoiled brats we truly are. :slight_smile:

Give me three Likes and I will change the titleā€¦

10 Likes

What about

Coronavirus quarantines are impacting my travel plans!

@hannes

2 Likes

Go to one of the Islands in Taiwan, Iā€™m sure flights are cheap and youā€™ll even get a whole row for yourself. And you would never have to leave Taiwan.

3 Likes

I vote for ā€œIā€™m entitled and privileged and I should be allowed to go wherever I want even though weā€™re in the midst of an unprecedented global pandemic, which is totally violating my rights, right guys??ā€ thread.

10 Likes

He never had rights to begin with. You have the right to enter and leave your own country of citizenship. If the border guard wants to, he can say no and heā€™d be SOL.

Iā€™m not American. Normally Iā€™m allowed to visit the US. If I have been to China recently, I can kiss that goodbye.

4 Likes

The whole ā€œFreedom of Movementā€ thing sounds very Freeman of the Land / Sovereign Citizen like. I have no clue to the OPā€™s beliefs, and I am not commenting on the thread really - it just reminded me of them, and their general creepiness.

If you want a good laugh, look them up on YouTube and watch some of their interactions with Police - it is hard to believe.

This one is my favourite (he even uses the ā€œfreedom of movementā€ line):

6 Likes

Sounds like Buddyā€™s looking for a date but thought heā€™d show up in his Porcha before he bought some drinks.

I recon the guy has some good points in there too. "my person does, but I donā€™tā€™, :laughing:

1 Like

Lol. Is there any cogent point here? No you donā€™t have any freedom of movement - itā€™s a privilege. Any country can deny you entry for whatever reason. Simple. Your passport is not a guarantee of travel.

A point? On Forumosa? No worries, I just wasted 20 mins of my life watching Freeman of the Land getting ā€œownedā€ videos on YouTube. Soo entertaining, but a complete waste of time.

3 Likes

apparently yes

Have passport? Can travel.

Just go travel as you want. No one is stopping you and there is no law against it. You have your ultimate ā€œfreedom of movementā€ whatever you think that is because what is that? Then do your 14 day quarantine.

Or consider pause your wild exotic international travels for a month or two like mostly everyone else in the world.

PS: There are some Thai style bars and/or massage in Taiwan if that will help alleviate your stress.

3 Likes

The mountains are also nice. I bet prices are low, they have some great hot spring hotels you can go to and relax. Kenting sucks, Iā€™m always disappointed when I go.

Kenting has been moving up on my list again for both chill and party. Not Kenting street area. Other places. But itā€™s a damn long trip. From Taipei, I can be on a beach in Philippines faster than being on the beach in Kenting at nearly the same cost.

2 Likes

Same cost? Really? Which airline would you fly

yeah sadly even if you want to fly the airline may have cancelled your flight by that time

as someone said ā€œif my uncle had a pussy he would be my auntā€

oops not meant at malcolm in particular
this statement is about as relevant as this threadā€™s dilemma.

aVeyE5n_460s~2

5 Likes

Get a new hobby

5 Likes