Freedom of Speech - What it Means - Also Public Insults/Defamation/Slander/Libel

Makes it feel more real, then*

Or makes one feel a higher sense of urgency or importance.

If one has the time to suss it out linguistically, I’d say the urgency has passed. :laughing:

1 Like

Hahaha true.amazing how we spend our down time.

Fascinating actually.

I’m enjoying the fruits of my labor.

I’m Reading a book now, and between chapters, I digest what I’ve read and scan the funny pages here. Left brain right brain juggling. :person_juggling:

It’s a very light read.

#uncheckedprivilege

Something tells me you find our species fascinating as well…

Let’s say that I have. Humanity has its limits though. I think Grateful Dead concerts were interesting. But I can’t spin American Beauty every day.

I find that no matter where I look these days I only see what my own senses reflect back at me. Your words might just as well be taps on a wall that separates us in the dark. All I know for sure is that you are there, or maybe it’s just a pigeon. :wink:

Those are mean and unfair accusations to make. My claim was that truth will always prevail over lies on an even playing field, not that there will be fewer lies. And if the concept of freedom of speech is delusional than what replaces it? A Forumosa where only ideas you approve of are allowed to be expressed?

Cheers to those who can spot my sarcasm.

Ah what we think is clear is muddled by the fact that no one thinks or makes word snakes just exactly like anyone else does.

Zero sarcasm intended. If anything is clearly understood by large masses of people it’s pretty simple stuff, like love or god or tuna fish sandwich.

The irony is that lots of people think it’s the other way around. It’s like when people say an easily trained dog is soooo smart. Is it? Is it really? :laughing:

Bah, your only way out is to find someone who happens to be married to someone with a kid, or has incestuous relationship with his mother, so that calling someone a “motherf**ker” in public isn’t considered defamatory, or in the case of the Taiwanese national insult, track down the insultee’s mother and roll around with her before saying 我GNN :rofl:

Public insult law to stay.

Taiwan’s Constitutional Court has ruled that public insults can still be charged as crimes. Reporter Chris Gorin speaks with lawyer Michael Fahey about Taiwan’s public insult laws and how they compare to other countries.

2 Likes

We need an acceptable list of insults.

Will “F8ck your fat f8cking face” toe the line or cross it?