Freelance web developer in Taiwan

Hello everyone,

I’m new on this forum and on Taipei.
I try to find some information about freelance / consultant web developer in Taiwan, Do you know if there is such a thing here ? Does it work like in western countries ? I don’t speak about upwork or that kind of platform.

Thanks

Do you have an APRC?

I have ARC not APRC

Then the only way to freelance is to open your own company. Without an open work permit or a revenue-generating business, you can’t freelance.

This is my Taiwan CPA. He’ll help you open a company and a work permit so you can freelance.

How many years have you had an ARC?

I have everything I need regarding the administrative part, I have the gold card so I can open my own company here.

My question was more to have a general understanding of how it works to get clients for example, is there some particular company who hire freelance to work as consultant for their own clients like in Europe / US ?

You didn’t mention this.

If you go with the company route, you still need to call the CPA, it just is somewhat easier because the work permit issue is solved.

Since you have an open work permit, you could just be paid by Income as a freelance worker. Just apply to companies and see what you get.

Companies though like getting receipts though cause they can save on the taxes.

Did you try asking to this kind of group? There must be some circles of people like you.

Okay thanks for all the information.

I didn’t try that one, I’m really new here. thanks I’ll have a look