Freelance while on JFRV (setup)

Hello everyone.

I assume someone asked this question before but I couldn’t really find any clear answer after looking for a bit. So my question is I am currently on a JFRV Visa/ Spousal Visa with a open work permit and already working for a Taiwanese Company doing a 9-5 job.
Now I have gotten the opportunity to some hours of freelance work on the weekend for a company in Europe and I am wondering If I have to register as a freelancer first here in Taiwan or do I just report the additional income to the tax authorities at the end of the tax year ? Does anyone know how this works? Any information is appreciated. Thank you :slight_smile:

There are previous threads on this topic, but I’d just do it and report the income later.

1 Like