Freeway speed limit signs

Puzzle me this,

On the freeways there are 2 speed limit signs ex. freeway 3 110 and below that 60. Does this 60 mean that this is the slowest one may go on the freeway or is that used for Miles per hour? :blush:
thanks

Are the signs different colours by any chance? You do know that the shape and colour of the sign tells you what the sign is actually saying, so is relevant.

If there are two posted limits, one directly above the other, then the one on top dictates the maximum speed allowed and the one below dictates the minimum speed allowed.

In addition to that type of arrangement, there is often another sign post posted a few feet in front which will normally have a lower set of speed restrictions posted and that one is for trucks and buses who will do their best to ignore it.

You could just ignore all except the pink signs with yellow writing. All the rest are for other people.

(keep your speed between 60 and 110 km/h, unless you’re a truck or bus in which case it’s max 100 in this instance).

If the speed limit is 110, then you can go 120 without getting a ticket. 121 will get you a ticket. I’ve done it. So I try to go 117 or so.

They also enacted a law about getting a ticket if you are in the fast lane and not going the speed limit, but it has never been enforced to my knowledge.

This is the only sign you need to understand:

Correct driving etiquette is to drive as fast as possible until you see one of these signs, at which point you should brake hard and drive at 80km/h until the speed camera is passed.

In the day time 140 is fine, at night time cops hide out and radio ahead to the nearest toll station to stop your car and ticket you.
So if you happen to speed past a cop, pull off at the next intersection (if there is one) or make sure you have ETC so you can fly through the toll station.

I know a few guys with very fast cars who speed in the daytime and use this tactic, not that i condone it of course :unamused:

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”]If the speed limit is 110, then you can go 120 without getting a ticket. 121 will get you a ticket. I’ve done it. So I try to go 117 or so.
[/quote]

True. I ride 5 kph above limit based on GPS indication and never got any trouble with cameras and I’m one of faster vehicles on highway (not counting occasional speeders)
Cruise control helps here.

The speedometer in your car will have some error (depending on car, tyre pressure and wear etc) From my experience the indication is ~5-10% higher than real speed
and this gives +10kph rule at highways.

I drive at 200kph because I have a large penis. The police don’t give me a ticket because they are scared of my large penis.

One has to envy Germans their enormous shafts
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autobahn

And how dos that make sense? 4lanes, 1 buss in eatch lane doing there best to eliminate any pasing opertunety.

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”]
They also enacted a law about getting a ticket if you are in the fast lane and not going the speed limit, but it has never been enforced to my knowledge.[/quote]

They have a fast lane? I tryed different lanes and found out that the fastest one is the road shoulder.

And how dos that make sense? 4lanes, 1 buss in eatch lane doing there best to eliminate any pasing opertunety.[/quote]

Actually I must admit, for all the stupid driving there is done on the roads, somehow the bus and truck lane rules are usually followed. I have only once in all my time on the freeways seen a bus use the third lane. Busses and trucks are restricted to the first and second lanes only, so there should be rarely an opportunity to find all four lanes blocked by busses on the freeway, at least by my experience. I think this is the only one rule which most seem to follow.

[quote=“Stian”][quote=“Dr. McCoy”]
They also enacted a law about getting a ticket if you are in the fast lane and not going the speed limit, but it has never been enforced to my knowledge.[/quote]

They have a fast lane? I tryed different lanes and found out that the fastest one is the road shoulder.[/quote]
Right. The fast lane law is not enforced, so we are on our own. There are times when it is legal to drive on the shoulder. But I never know when. It’s during some holidays.

There are rectangular white signs which note the days and times during which the emergency lane is legally open to traffic.