Freight/container shipping to US/America midwest

When we came from the US to Taiwan (from NJ/NYC area–>Taipei) we shipped via a company that took all of our marked boxes and delivered them. They encouraged us to order uline double wall boxes and label them. The first time it was probably 60 double walled boxes and the next time 35 (lots of books, kitchen, etc.). Going back (in the next 6 months-year) I am imagining we will want to ship a similar amount. I know prices have gone up and then getting to the midwest could be tough. We are trying to find the optimal way (maybe extra suitcases, post office, etc.).

I know the default suggestion is just sell and rebuy, but in my experience is if I can ship 5 boxes with 150 things from office or kitchen, it save me time/$. I also have a number of musical instruments, kids’ memories, etc., and some boxes of books I don’t want to rebuy. Any advice?

No replies to this. Basically I am looking for something between:

1. Full service mover
  2. Shipping boxes freight from the post office

Does anyone know if this exists? I think I’m looking for a “you pack it, we ship it freight” service.

I ship large items between the US West Coast and Taiwan using WTO Express. Their rates are a fraction of other shippers and their service has been good. I pack items myself and they pickup at my house in US or factory in Taiwan. Don’t know if they handle shipping to/from US Mid-West.

https://tw.wtoexpress.net/

3 Likes

Will they take shipment from freight consolidation services, in case I want to order something big from the states? What are the cost per kg like?

check out import yeti

I might be making a useless suggestion, but it appears that 7-11 has an international shipping option?! I didn’t look that much into it, but even if it’s 店到店 (like they ship to a 7-11 near you in the US), 7 is probably closer to you on this end than the post office, and one would assume there’d be U-Haul parking at a 7 in the US, even if you had to drive a few miles to the nearest one. (It’s something I have thought about, if/when the time comes for me…)

Thank you all so much. I’ll try WTO transfer and also look at similar companies.

These guys did a recommendable job for us. You pack the stuff in boxes, they ship it door to door, simple.

3 Likes