French Bulldog

well at some point during the next 4 months i will move into a small house (still looking) and i wanted to have a French bulldog, what is the average price for them here in Taiwan?, do you have one? are you planing to mate it? what tips do you know about this dogs? dont get me wrong i have downloaded a lot of info about them, but i am curious to hear the stories from ppl here in Taiwan, some real stories… not from a book… what kind of temper do they have? things like that…
please all comments and pics are appreciated

If you decide on an original instead of purebred dog, do let me know. We have some wonderful animals awaiting adoption. Also, the local pound has a disproportionately large number of purebreds on death row who would make a fantastic companion.

French bulldogs, like most ‘purebred’ dogs, suffer congenital problems, the most common of which relates to their deformed face being deemed attractive regardless of the fact that it often goes hand in hand with a cleft or soft palate, and their deformed airway, being unnaturally restricted, can cause breathing difficulties that can lead to serious problems in Taiwan’s heat. You’re also likely to be looking at back problems in this breed. Breeders in Taiwan aren’t the most upstanding and you will be gambling with the likelihood of huge vet bills should you buy one locally bred.

Animals Taiwan has a number of excellent, healthy dogs who are adopted for their character, as opposed to ‘desirable’ genetic deformities. Contact Brandy via brandyXXX@XXXanimalstaiwan.org (remove the X’s) should you decide to go with an original.

Sean

1 Like

well my friend, i really appreciate your point and your offer, and actually i do know i have that possibility, nevertheless i was expecting to hear stuffs from the french bulldogs, like good stuffs… not that they will die and their deformities or things like that will kill them or will make their lives impossible, i already know all the possible downsides of the french bulldog, since a very good friend of mine had one back in my country and he was a vet, besides i have a book about them…
anyway i admire your job and if know of someone looking for a dog i will always suggest that option, and i will also consider it for myself

Right. They’re the downsides of the breed for sure. However, you also need to remember that there are no proper breeders in Taiwan. None. That means that where in normal countries, those deformities are “downsides,” in Taiwan they’re a death sentence. Its that simple.
If you REALLY want a French Bulldog, get one from Australia or someplace like that. It’s do-able – maoman got his lab from there – and you can be sure the dog’s been properly and responsibly bred.
Buy a French bulldog from a Taiwanese dogfuck-enabler (you can’t call them breeders) and it WILL have all kinds of problems and it WILL die young. That’s guaranteed. Not to mention, why on EARTH would you want to put money into the disgusting mess that is Taiwanese dog breeding? It would be the height of animal irresponsibility.

Much appreciated. :slight_smile:

be verrrry careful here in Taiwan.

I got a purebred Shiba Inu. Luckily I didn’t have to buy her, she was a rescue. She came with a certificate with her bloodline etc…stamps to show that she is purebred…

Because she was locked in a cage for a year, she had misformed hips…when I took X-rays I also found that she has a knee that dislocates easily. Three vets told me that if she was really from a respectable ‘dealer’ that would be the first thing they check for…

Omerojs,

I don’t know why, but people dump “pure-breeds” in industrial quantities in the riverside park. I’ll keep an eye out for a French bulldog for you. The last rescued one I saw lasted two days at the vet, he still had health problems but was too cute for animal lovers to resist, so he found a home quickly.

Seems to me it is a better scenario: you will rescue an animal in distress, and the chances of him having health problems are the same -or even less, if he survived being on the street for a while- than if you bought it.

Hahaha! :smiley:

That’s a spin on the situation that I hadn’t considered! You rescue a stray pure bred and it has a higher chance of survival due to the natural selection on the street (and sub-standard breeders).

Weird situation…

Thanks to everyone for your comments,
Sandman, you are right, i will think about that option,
Icon, that would be nice
Stray Dog, keep going with that admirable labor, if i could be of any help let me know !!!

check this website:
frenchbulldogrescue.org/
if i could just give a home to one of those i would… i just love that breed… even if i have never had one of them of my own…

Deleted

Any luck on finding the doggie you wanted? It’s good to see you’re giving it much thought and doing research. Hope we see a picture of one pretty soon!

Well, fortunately i found a very nice a beautiful dog, its a GR… not even close to the french bulldog, but they have them in taiwan by tones… and they are all for adoption in the shelters :wink:
i am still open to a frenchie if one appears… it could be nice to have a friend for my dog !!!
check Bruno on this video :

youtube.com/watch?v=ubLs5K1dcqs

So guys, if any of you knows of a frenchie (girl would be better) let me know !! i might take him or her !!

Good news is it’s French, so you won’t be inconvenienced by bathing it on a regular basis…

Nice video! Yeahhhhhhhhhh right you’re showing off your dog. I hardly saw the dog…hehe:) :laughing:

He does look very happy. Sweet!

[quote=“omerojs”]well at some point during the next 4 months i will move into a small house (still looking) and i wanted to have a French bulldog, what is the average price for them here in Taiwan?, do you have one? are you planing to mate it? what tips do you know about this dogs? dont get me wrong I have downloaded a lot of info about them, but I am curious to hear the stories from people here in Taiwan, some real stories… not from a book… what kind of temper do they have? things like that…
please all comments and pics are appreciated[/quote]

Why are they called French bulldogs anyway, there are in fact a variety of English Bulldog. Mind you didn’t everything in the universe originate from England or was that Africa. lol

Is this still happening in Taiwan?

Umm emailed the Brandy email and got a no server reply.
And I’ll try animalstaiwan.org on a PC later. But it won’t load but the letterhead on my phone…
Pm me?

Could be because that post is from 10 years ago. :2cents:

Facebook page

Email

inquiries@animalstaiwan.org

How can we help you? Do you wish to adopt or foster?