French ticked off, going home

The French lost a ruling over the Lafayette frigate spat. And although an agreement was in place to arm the frigates with more advanced weapons in lieu of money back. But seems the plan went south and the French military supply team are headin home sweet home.

taipeitimes.com/News/front/archi … 2003474382

Sore losers, get caught (even after 20 years - I read the French MoJ was blocking investigations until the matter only just recently) and now they wanna go cryin home to mama!

As we used to say down in ollllll’ Mexico City: AMF!

TW seems to have all sorts of trouble with the french. First it was all the troubles with the Muzha MRT. But after years of court appearances and what not, they shouldve gotten Matra (now under Siemens) to do the Neihu extension. Instead they got the imitation french (the french con-adians) to do the previously undone mating of the french system with the pseudo french bomba system to get the right mess it has been. Just wait till they get the now converted matra cars on that track for more fun to begin.

Then we had the Lafayette frigate scandal. RIght nice of the french to sell us the things in the first place because no one else would (at nice prices for la France of course). Cept they bribed a whole buncha people and a few peeps got killed and theres tons of goodwill (not) still going around about that. And of course the stupid Mirage 2000-V that dont actually work very well. Costing gads of money per flight hour. So much so that they are practically being mothballed.

And of course the whole TGV-ICE train debacle which the French , although walking away with some compensation are still pretty pissed about.

So all in all, whats up? Are the French just being French and once again hated everywhere or are the Taiwanese just a bad taste for La Vie Francais?

And yet Taiwanese/French mix girls seem to be fine.

Maybe its because France has long has that special relationship with the baddies across the straits? yes THOSE people.

Thomson took the contract away from Hyundai and the Koreans at just the last moment, so I guess at least the Koreans were willing to sell Taiwan the frigates too.

Agree with you about the French-Taiwanese chicks tho, Hot Stuff baby… (though I’ve only met 2 that I can remember)

Thomson took the contract away from Hyundai and the Koreans at just the last moment, so I guess at least the Koreans were willing to sell Taiwan the frigates too.

Agree with you about the French-Taiwanese chicks tho, Hot Stuff baby… (though I’ve only met 2 that I can remember)[/quote]

I remember every one iv met, precious few but at least i remember em :slight_smile:

I bet you ticked them off. Get one of those French tickers.

French ticklers you mean . :slight_smile:

Ok this thread sucks. Doesnt garner a lot of debate cuz well its bout the french and yeah, who cares. :slight_smile:

So anyways heres a vid of a nice taiwanese- french girl at least till we get a debate going (if thers gonna be one). She dont speak no french though or much Anglais either

youtube.com/watch?v=CIPiIQ64OZo

Bet she’s dogg-y without the makeup slathered on. But I get the strange feeling some of these posts are about to join the netherworld of the Temp Forum, as they have nothing to do with the French leaving if someone (ahem) gets up off their ass and does what they’re paid (nothing) to do…

Yup headed for TEMP at warp speed. But hey I was trying to get an honest debate going bout “whatsa matta with da french” but guess , well they are french so nothing surprising or unusual and a lot of c’est la vie "

I got a small amount of insight on what’s wrong with them overseas, but I’ve never worked or lived in France, so maybe it’s just an overseas influence thing. On the other hand, re Lafayette and other bribery-type scandals, as bad as the French (or the Germans - Siemens pre-2008 comes to mind) may have been on that issue, you can’t totally blame them, that’s the way business was (and still is some times) done. We can rip on the Thales here all we like (and you can bet I will), but there’s no reason to believe that the Hyundai group didn’t do the same to win the bid in the first place. French were probably playing the game - do they even have a Foreign Corrupt Practices Act? Last I heard, Germany had only in the past few years illegalized foreign bribes, and I had thought France was still allowed to do some of it - even put it on their balance sheets.