Fresh cooked food ATM, insert for reward

Pay (Green circle in cash via machine), food comes out slot in Kao City

Isn’t that a bit like the self-order kiosks at McDonalds and other places just with the counter looking a bit differently…?

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I thought earlier. It’s not much of an ATM if the “A” is a dude in the back reading the order from a screen, cooking the food, and placing it on the rack…

1 Like

I was thinking of the ramen places in Japan. Let’s eliminate all human interaction.

3 Likes

Nahh… It’s clearly the Black&Decker Hydrator™

1 Like

The odd thing about Japan is you pay the machine but you generally still need to give your receipt to the waitress. You would think it would relay your order automatically but nope.

1 Like

Umm help yourself free McDonald’s :upside_down_face: wouldn’t see this done in British cities.

1 Like

You save from no cashier need, one less job.

1 Like

Well it takes cash ($NT) like a ATM (like newer ATMS that take coins too and takes my green NT$200’s) and gives change, and in most cases you do see or talk with anyone.

1 Like

Generally the girl that takes my order also takes my money.

1 Like

Nope. #supportjobs

No money stolen. No anxiety over money short at closing.

1 Like

So true, with labour shortage it’s needed in Taiwan and Japan,and maybe other places.

Those ticket machines for food just keep money separated from the staff, so there’s no chance of corruption or stealing.

1 Like

and less transfer of COVID from dirty customers’ money.