Friday jokes/ stories

The Scotsman and the Dentist

A Scotsman asks the dentist the cost for a tooth extraction.“£85 for an extraction sir,” was the dentist’s reply.

" £85!!! Huv ye no’ got anythin’ cheaper?"

“That’s the normal charge,” said the dentist.

“Whit aboot if ye didnae use any anaesthetic?”

“That’s unusual, sir, but I could do it and knock £15 off.”

“Whit aboot if ye used one of your dentist trainees and still without an anaesthetic?”

“I can’t guarantee their professionalism and it’ll be painful. But the price could drop to £40.”

“How aboot if ye make it a trainin’ session, have yer student do the extraction with the other students watchin’ and learnin?”

“It’ll be good for the students,” mulled the dentist. “I’ll charge you £5. But it will be traumatic.”

“Och now yer talkin’ laddie! It’s a deal,” said the Scotsman…,

“Can ye make an appointment for the wife next Tuesday?”

Good stuff!

Praises tis Friday!

Some “Deep Thoughts By Jack Handey”

Contrary to what most people say, the most dangerous animal in the world is not the lion or the tiger or even the elephant. It’s a shark riding on an elephant’s back, just trampling and eating everything they see.

If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is “God is crying.” And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is “Probably because of something you did.”

The memories of my family outings are still a source of strength to me. I remember we’d all pile into the car - I forget what kind it was - and drive and drive. I’m not sure where we’d go, but I think there were some trees there. The smell of something was strong in the air as we played whatever sport we played. I remember a bigger, older guy we called “Dad.” We’d eat some stuff, or not, and then I think we went home. I guess some things never leave you.

To me, it’s a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, “Hey, can you give me a hand?” you can say, “Sorry, got these sacks.”

When Gary told me he had found Jesus, I thought, Yahoo! We’re rich! But it turned out to be something different.

Sometimes life seems like a dream, especially when I look down and see that I forgot to put on my pants.

I love to go to the schoolyard and watch the children jump and scream, but they don’t know I’m using blanks.

When I die, I would like to go peacefully, in my sleep, like my Grandfather did. Not screaming and yelling like the passenger in his car.

Once while walking through the mall a guy came up to me and said “Hey, how’s it going?”. So I grabbed his arm and twisted it up behind his head and said “NOW whose asking the questions?”

As we were driving, we saw a sign that said “Watch for Rocks.” Marta said it should read “Watch for Pretty Rocks.” I told her she should write in her suggestion to the highway department, but she started saying it was a joke - just to get out of writing a simple letter! And I thought I was lazy!

One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. “Oh, no,” I said, “Disneyland burned down.” He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.

Laurie got offended that I used the word “puke.” But to me, that’s what her dinner tasted like.

Children need encouragement. If a kid gets an answer right, tell him it was a lucky guess. That way he develops a good, lucky feeling.

Instead of trying to build newer and bigger weapons of destruction, we should be thinking about getting more use out of the ones we already have.

Just because swans mate for life, I don’t think its that big a deal. First of all, if you’re a swan, you’re probably not going to find a swan that looks much better than the one you’ve got, so why not mate for life?

Sometimes I think I’d be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you.

If they ever come up with a swashbuckling school, I think one of the courses should be laughing, then jumping off something.

Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess is why several of us died of tuberculosis.

I bet the main reason the police keep people away from a plane crash is they don’t want anybody walking in and lying down in the crash stuff, then, when somebody comes up, act like they just woke up and go, “What was THAT?!”

When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there’s no music, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other.

To me, clowns aren’t funny. In fact, they’re kind of scary. I’ve wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.

As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn’t a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!!

Most people don’t realize that large pieces of coral, which have been painted brown and attached to the skull by common wood screws, can make a child look like a deer.

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Better not take a dog on the space shuttle, because if he sticks his head out when you’re coming home his face might burn up.

If you’re in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it’ll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. “You don’t have to tell me,” I said. “I’m off the team, aren’t I?” “Well,” said Coach, “you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you’re wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times.” It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that’s when I felt the handcuffs go on.

A collection of some of the funnier quotes from Bash.org Latest and Bash.org Top 100. There aren’t any pictures on the website but the content is generally :nsfw:.

Friendship with a woman

A woman has a close male friend. This means that he is probably interested in her, which is why he hangs around so much. She sees him strictly as a friend. This always starts out with, you’re a great guy, but I don’t like you in that way. This is roughly the equivalent for the guy of going to a job interview and the company saying, You have a great resume, you have all the qualifications we are looking for, but we’re not going to hire you. We will, however, use your resume as the basis for comparison for all other applicants. But, we’re going to hire somebody who is far less qualified and is probably an alcoholic. And if he doesn’t work out, we’ll hire somebody else, but still not you. In fact, we will never hire you. But we will call you from time to time to complain about the person that we hired.

How to solve stupidity in America

The problem with America is stupidity. I’m not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don’t we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

How to piss off credit card companies

1. Save every Free Credit Card Offer you get, Put it in pile A
  2. Save every Free Coupon You get, put that in pile B
  3. Now open the credit card mail from pile A and find the Business Reply Mail Envelope.
  4. Take the coupons from pile B and stuff them in the envelope you hold in your hand.
  5. Drop the stuffed to the brim envelopes in your mail and walk away whistling.

I have now received two phone calls from the credit card companies telling me that they received a stuffed envelope with coupons rather then my application. They informed me that it they are not pleased that they footed the bill for the crap I sent them. I reply with “It says Business Reply Mail” I’m suggesting coupons to you to ensure that your business is more successful. They promptly hang up on me.

Now, I did this for about a month before it got boring, so I got an added idea! I added exactly 33 cents worth of pennies to the envelope so they paid EXTRA due to the weight. I got a call informing me about the money, I said it was a mistake and I demanded my change back. After yelling at the clerk and then to the supervisor they agreed to my demands and cut me a check for the money. I hold in my hand at this very moment a check from GTE Visa for exactly 33 cents.

Reasons to why not to buy roses

well, there’s a lot of reasons…
I mean, roses only last like a couple weeks and that’s if you leave them in water and they really only exist to be pretty. so that’s like saying “my love for you is transitory and based solely on your appearance”
but a potato! potatos last for fucking ever, man in fact, not only will they not rot, they actually grow shit even if you just leave them in the sack!

that part alone makes it a good symbol but there’s more! there are so many ways to enjoy a potato! you can even make a battery with it! and that’s like saying “i have many ways in which I show my love for you”. and potatos may be ugly, but they’re still awesome, so that’s like saying “it doesn’t matter at all what you look like, I’ll still love you”

Future career path

my math teacher staples burger king applications to failed tests

Mac TV Commercials

certainly vista sucks and I never upgraded, but really, does mac really need to poke at pc in every commercial?
that’s like kid with one leg making fun of a kid with one arm

Owning vs. Renting

Hmm. A little bored this afternoon. Thought I’d do an exercise on leasing versus renting. Paul Macartney is my subject. I note according to reports he paid 49 million dollars to heather mills for 5 years of marriage?

Assuming he got sex every night during their 5 year relationship (which lets be honest, probably didnt happen) it would end up costing him $26,849 per time. Heather aint exactly the best looking bird.

Now I also note, Elliot Spitzers call girl, Kristen, an absolute stunner with a body like no other, charges $4,000 an hour. For anything…

Had Paul McCartney ‘employed’ Kristen for 5 years, he would’ve paid $7.3 million for an hour of sex every night for 5 years (a saving of $41.7 million).

Value-added benefits are: a 22 year old hot babe, no begging, no coaxing, never a headache, plays all requests, no bitching and complaining or ‘to do’ lists. Best of all, she leaves when you’re done, and comes back when you ask her. All at 1/7th the cost, with no legal fees

Sometimes renting makes far more sense…

Come on guys, I have thre more hours til outofhere. No googling! Entertain me.

A woman in her thirties is at home happily jumping unclothed, on her bed and squealing with delight.

Her husband watches her for a while and asks, “Do you have any idea how ridiculous you look? What’s the matter with you?”

The woman continues to bounce on the bed and says, “I don’t care what you think. I just came from having a mammogram and the doctor says that not only am I healthy, but I have the breasts of an 18-year-old.”

The husband replies, “What did he say about your 42-year old arse?”

“Your name never came up,” she replied.

it’s not friday, buttercup, and why were you looking at my arse.

besides, it’s a 43 year old arse.

Sorry. I look at all men’s arses.