From the East to the West within the eye of an Eurasian

From the link…

Maybe doctor Jensen dyes her hair… :whistle:[/quote]

You’ve taken that quote a little out of context. Not that it really matters.

I do have western friends married to Taiwanese whose kids look very western. A blonde guy I know has two kids who both have blue eyes and blonde hair. I’m not so sure about the science behind your argument, do you have any links?[/quote]
Indeed. Here’s [url=Show us your kid! (2010) - #145 by bismarck boy[/url]. He’s Eurasian, i.e. His mum is Taiwanese (half Chinese-half Bunan Aboriginal), and I’m European. That’s not exactly a close up of his face, but there’s a good face picture of him (although almost a year old) on the first page of that thread. Nothing about him looks remotely Asian to me, in fact, he looks just like I did at the same age (although my hair was blond and got darker with age). His skin is slightly more bornze, where I’m pretty white, but that may have something to do with either his Asian/Aboriginal heritage, or a black ancestor somewhere in my family tree. :idunno:

[quote=“KylieHJensen”][quote=“headhonchoII”] in AngloSaxons/Celts the blonde colour tends to get darker as we get older…but this seems not to be the case for many Scandanivians.

There is one other chance for this to occur but rare of course…there are genes from the Dutch hiding in the local population, especially in South Taiwan, so the Taiwanese mother of father does have a small probability to be carrying the ‘blue’ eyed allele and not know.[/quote]

wow, very in-depth explanation of the gene chemistry. Now it explains why my hair never got darker… your theory of dutch bloodline makes sense, I will need to ask my mom if her side of the family have any possible connections to Dutch ancestry. I doubt it but it will be interesting to find out :slight_smile: thanks![/quote]
You will probably find your mum will say either, maybe, or I don’t know. If a Taiwanese person had a dutch ancestor, chances are they wouldn’t know about it at all.

The eye colour thing is interesting, though. My mother had brown eyes (and she was a carrier of the blue allele) and my father had blue eyes.
My elder sister has blue eyes, I have hazel to almost green eyes and my younger sister has blue eyes.
My wife has dark brown eyes. My son has lighter brown eyes, and I suspect his eyes will change colour to green or hazel as mine did (yes, my eyes actually changed colour between 10 and 13 years old from dark brown to green/hazel).