From the Texas thread - the debate over the nature of debate

[color=green]Discussion begun in [/color][url=Rhetoric 101 - Down & Out in Texas (Sheehan) Part 2 101 - Down & Out in Texas (Sheehan) Part 2[/url]

And you speak for yourself, but you, seemingly like Sheehan assume that all people do or should agree with you, and if they don’t something is wrong with them.

I feel the war was justified. You seem to forget this. Your opinion is not ubiquitous.

WHERE!? I posted that link. Where did he crap on her? He was as polite as he should have been.

How can you possibly make this assertion? Do you have the background or relevant experience to support this?

Then I guess you can’t understand the need to go to WWII either. Noone wants to say “ONLY 1800 dead in two years? Fucking A that’s great.” I think the lack of enormous numbers of deaths says a lot about the readiness of our troops, despite equiptment setbacks. They do a great job that I would, and did not envy.

And to say that Iraq and Saddam was a private obsession is crapola. I guess the Saudis disagree too huh? Maybe the Kuwaitis? The flacid UN security council, who wanted to do something, but couldn’t swing it.

There are a lot of people in the world who feel this war is a good thing, despite the stumblings, for the ME region, and the world at large. Several of them post here. But because they, myself included, feel that way, we are regulated by you to “neocon warmonger” status.

Blah.

I liked you better when you said you disagreed with the war because it was bad for the US economy. At least then I could see your POV.

Blah.