FSC, FOI, or CPC for complaint about credit cards?

Ok long story short I have a credit card problem with one of the domestic banks. I would not like to discuss the details, at least not now. However I am not sure which one of these is the relevant authority to file an official complaint at.

FSC (Financial Supervisory Committee)
FOI (Financial Ombudsman Institute)
CPC (Consumer Protection Committee)

1 Like

What’s the problem?

1 Like

I would go for all 3 and see who bites first

Well, they just called and offered to review the case. We’ll see where it goes.

Here’s a question for @comfy123 @Mataiou and the rest of you FSC complainers. If I get denied for a credit card for no good reason (have perfect credit score, high & stable salary, etc.) but they don’t give a reason or even bother asking for a guarantor cos I’m a foreigner, do I have any recourse for complaining to the FSC and getting a positive result out of it, or is it only worth complaining if they specifically say I need a guarantor cos I’m a foreigner?

Yesterday applied for the CTBC Agoda card, and I am expecting to get denied cos my friends have been denied previously. CTBC is my salary account so fingers crossed, but still, CTBC…

if they reject you outright you can first ask them the reason for rejection given that you satisfy all the publicly available requirements.

If they refuse to disclose or give u BS, go directly with that email/communications to the FOI and complain about it.

4 Likes

Thanks, will try it. As of right now I haven’t even had a confirmation text message that my application is being processed :rofl:

1 Like

My experience is that CTBC has become a lot more foreigner friendly over the years so I’d call and see where your app is if you don’t hear anything

1 Like

I agree, they didn’t fuck around too much on BS like guarantor or stuff with me, just gave me ridicously low limits at first, but they increased when I applied to.

2 Likes

Any update?

They cancelled my application because apparently I filled out the wrong form. I plan on going in at some point and doing it again. Have been busy with a few work events tho recently

2 Likes