Full Time Teacher teaching part time on vacations

I am not sure if this is true or not, but my current employer tells me that it is illegal for full-time schoolteachers (I am a foreigner) to work part-time during vacation periods. I find this odd because I have never once heard this in my nearly eight years in the country and also because I know large numbers of Taiwanese and foreign teachers who do exactly this with no consequence.

Does anyone know the correct government regulation in this situation? Thanks…

It is illegal for you to work outside of the parameters of your work permit, if you are on an employment based ARC. If this is the case, you need to apply for supplementary work permits for each additional place you work. This does not apply to Taiwanese, JFRV or APRC holders with an open work permit.

Quite correct. :thumbsup:

However if Ludahai is married locally and on a marriage based resident Visa that would not be an issue.

:ponder:

True, Sat tv, but I would assert that if Ludahai has a JRFV, he/she probably is married to a local…Forumosa is a funny place sometimes. :laughing:

I have an APRC, so this does not apply to me…

I have an APRC, so this does not apply to me…[/quote]

Then your school is lying or incompetent. You choose. :laughing:

Then your school is lying or incompetent. You choose. :laughing:[/quote]

And I am not going to say which in a public forum…

They may be just plain stupid.
I’m constantly having to educate supposedly qualified professional accounting and HR functionaries in the details of Taiwan visa practices.
They invariably are familiar with only the basic R & Rs governing new ARC holders, and blithely apply (or attempt to) those rules to every foriegner who walks through the door.
I have NEVER gone to work for a new company (non-teaching jobs here) that didn’t start out telling me they’d be deducting 20% for the first year. Without fail, they insist that the law says every foreigner pays 20% for their first year in the job. Of course, after much time wasted by me insisting that they check the real regs, and them finally acquiescing, their error is admitted and I get the normal deduction.
Don’t get me started on all the other JFRV details with which they have NO familiarity whatsoever.

Hey, 15 years ago most hr departments didn’t even have a clue about ARC regulations; they’ve come a long way, baby! :laughing:

And I am not going to say which in a public forum…[/quote]

Why not, everybody else does. Even on facebook.

And I am not going to say which in a public forum…[/quote]

Why not, everybody else does. Even on facebook.[/quote]

Which is why they lose their jobs…