Funk split from Pet Peeves

[quote=“Funk500”]70’s/80’s night.

A stupid fucking invention where idiots who work in the pub just play the same Abba/ Dexy’s Midnight Runners/ The Village People shite, they have been playing all week under the illusion that tonight is in any way different.

Ironic students who go to the same events.[/quote]

With a name like Funk500, I thought you’d LIKE 70’s music. Wasn’t that when funk peaked?

Lookin’ at your avatar, I say you’re a 60’s kind o’ guy. :ponder:

[quote=“zender”][quote=“Funk500”]70’s/80’s night.

A stupid fucking invention where idiots who work in the pub just play the same Abba/ Dexy’s Midnight Runners/ The Village People shite, they have been playing all week under the illusion that tonight is in any way different.

With a name like Funk500, I thought you’d LIKE 70’s music. Wasn’t that when funk peaked?

Lookin’ at your avatar, I say you’re a 60’s kind o’ guy. :ponder:[/quote]

70’s funk and the like are a far cry from the stuff I’m talking about. People would often confuse my liking for das funk, my white-boy afro, fantastic sideburns and goatee for a mark of the ironic and the “Yes I like 70’s music too, Abba, YMCA etc” brigade grrrr.

funkwise- '68-'73 is the best era (like the best rock) of course there were fantastic records outside those 5 years…

[quote=“Funk500”][quote=“zender”][quote=“Funk500”]70’s/80’s night.

Lookin’ at your avatar, I say you’re a 60’s kind o’ guy. :ponder:[/quote]

70’s funk and the like are a far cry from the stuff I’m talking about. People would often confuse my liking for das funk, my white-boy afro, fantastic sideburns and goatee for a mark of the ironic and the “Yes I like 70’s music too, Abba, YMCA etc” brigade grrrr.

funkwise- '68-'73 is the best era (like the best rock) of course there were fantastic records outside those 5 years…[/quote]
Just got an ABBA-attack allert e-mail. Go easy boys. Agnetha was my first “girlfriend.” Now, where did I put my bottle?

Right You Are! But can we extend it to '75? Thanks!

Here are some great funky Youtube clips.

James Brown - Sex Machine
uk.youtube.com/watch?v=86Cji6uDTQc

Sly & the Family Stone - medley
uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uJYM-Xz_JAg
(tough crowd at the Ed Sullivan theater)

Stevie Wonder - Superstition
uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wDZFf0pm0SE

Average White Band- Pick Up the Pieces
uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MfAJLGFWx … re=related

Rufus - Tell Me Something Good
uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xKkXh-Q-1-4

Any good clips of George Clinton - We Want the Funk? I haven’t found any.

Or other great funk clips that must be seen and heard?

[quote=“zender”]Or other great funk clips that must be seen and heard?[/quote]Bit of a Carlinhos Brown fan, myself. Though I realise that’s quite a way away in terms of time and geography.

[quote=“zender”]

Or other great funk clips that must be seen and heard?[/quote]

Bad Medicine “Trespasser” youtube.com/watch?v=nC5sodEn0OE

Larry Ellis & The Black Hammer “Funky Thing pt2” youtube.com/watch?v=G5vgtvoM68k

Frankie Seay and The Soul Riders “Soul Food”
youtube.com/watch?v=ico0mgNEiC4

Eddie Bo & Inez Cheatham “Lover & a Friend”
youtube.com/watch?v=Mesn6NK2VvE

To name a few :wink:

Wow! Great stuff guys!
Joe,
That Carlinos Brown is nice. I like Brazilian Portuguese more than any other language.

Funk,

I like this old rare stuff even better. I tend to appreciate music that’s not overproduced.

It seems like all those tracks have drums front and center.

I like the last song the best because of the great vocals (male and female)

Second best, Larry Ellis . . . has a cool build and great groove (and I wish I could dance like that).

Third . . . Frankie . . . sax and drums make this one.

and 4th . . . Bad Medicine- cool keyboards and drums.

Honestly! I like every song!

Glad you enjoyed them. Seriously, we’d be here all blinking week if I broke out my funky archives.

If there’s one thing I know about its rare funk 45s and I can bore the back legs off a donkey with it.

[quote=“zender”]Wow! Great stuff guys!
Joe,
That Carlinos Brown is nice. I like Brazilian Portuguese more than any other language.[/quote]Me too. Before I came to Taiwan, the plan was Brazil, with the beauty of the language and music the main reason!

Funk500, I really like that tune in your current signature:
Seven Days is Too Long