Funny Pictures 2023

Christmas time is notoriously famous for seeing all shops, radios, clubs and others, air Mariah Carey’s All I Want For Christmas Is You. To the point where its annoyance has turned it into a meme. Exhibits A, B and C:

And since it’s January, it’s time to kill Mariah… until 10 months later… when she’ll come back to life…

9 Likes

Oh I see.

Yes I have heard that song. I just naively thought the meme would be more sophisticated than just expressing annoyance with her, something like her latest single is about a guy with an ax. :idunno:

You just don’t understand earth culture. :smirk:

4 Likes

Talk to me when you manage to go one whole week without reposting. :unamused:

This is another example. People like repetition. It’s enjoyable and comforting. But a heartless, cold-blooded alien like yourself just wants to stamp it out mercilessly and destroy all joy. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Last Christmas is the one that really annoys me. It’s not even a fucking Christmas song. Could replace Christmas with Groundhog Day or Monday in the lyrics and it would still work…

4 Likes

If you’ve ever worked in retail through the Christmas season, you know that these songs will scar you for life.

5 Likes

I suspected it xD

“Technical problems”

:wink:

https://twitter.com/willripleyCNN/status/1609786778180849664

1 Like

uhhh … right, cos it’s all basically the same anyway? Very strange phrasing there.

Makes sense with a comma:

Our love of Taiwan, and Thailand food and culture.

2 Likes

Well yeah, but the use of the ampersand implies that the two things are similar or interchangeable.

This is what’s known as 越描越黑.

And the use of the comma implies Taiwan is a nice country, shame about the food though :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, it sounds implausible without the comma. I’m not buying it either.

I’m guessing the ampersands are just because of the Twitter character limit - it’s 280 characters already.

2 Likes

Fried spiders vs seafood? That’s not a glitch.

one in the same.
Fried crab in Dansui…delicious…but basically fried spiders

All crustaceans are basically insects of the sea.

2 Likes

Journalists of all people should know how to squeeze maximum juice out of 280 characters while maintaining complete clarity. Big fail, IMO.