Gappy Grin Be Gone!

So, I have quite a big gap between my two front teeth.

Elton and cohort kickin’ down Cape Flats stylee.

We call it a passion gap in South Africa, or ‘peshin gep’ in the local vernacular.

I had braces when I was a teen, and that closed up the pre-existing gaps, and wore a plate, nightly for a couple years after.

But now the gap is back, and I want it gone. It’s about 2-3mm in width. I was wondering if the orthodontist could make up a plate again for me to wear at night, that’ll gradually close up the gap or could the dentist cap the teeth maybe?

I refuse to wear braces in my 30s!

[quote=“Baas Babelaas”]So, I have quite a big gap between my two front teeth.

Elton and cohort kickin’ down Cape Flats stylee.

We call it a passion gap in South Africa, or ‘peshin gep’ in the local vernacular.

I had braces when I was a teen, and that closed up the pre-existing gaps, and wore a plate, nightly for a couple years after.

But now the gap is back, and I want it gone. It’s about 2-3mm in width. I was wondering if the orthodontist could make up a plate again for me to wear at night, that’ll gradually close up the gap or could the dentist cap the teeth maybe?

I refuse to wear braces in my 30s!
[/quote]

you can get veneers done on both front teeth that will close up the gap…20,000 x 2 is what I was quoted. I gots the same problem but so far I haven’t had it done…I kinda like my gap.

I want to get rid of mine too. Otherwise I’ll look like this in my advancing years.

I have a slightly different problem with my mouth as due to some genetic defect from my dad’s side of the family, I’m missing the ability to have lateral incisors, so I have 2 false teeth. I’ve asked a few dentists how much it would cost to have it fixed, new teeth and all and I’ve been quoted 150,000NT upwards. it can be pretty embarrassing spraying important people with gob when you are speaking to them :blush:

I go to the dentist in BKK, it’s on the corner of Sukhumvit and Thong Lo. Asavanant.com.
They’re shit hot and last time I had a false crown made it was B18k. Maybe you could email them, it might save you a stack of cash.

No disrespect to the Taiwanese, but I went to the dentist here once and he made a right balls of it, but it’s just once.

In my opinion, you only need look at the teeth of an average person in Taipei compared with BKK to come to the conclusion that for some reason, TW dentists are rubbish. That or Taiwanese people just don’t believe in going to the dentist.

The latter mostly and all sorts of diet issues though I have heard from Thai dentists are really good.

[quote=“jaame”]I go to the dentist in BKK, it’s on the corner of Sukhumvit and Thong Lo. Asavanant.com.
They’re shit hot and last time I had a false crown made it was B18k. Maybe you could email them, it might save you a stack of cash.

No disrespect to the Taiwanese, but I went to the dentist here once and he made a right balls of it, but it’s just once.

In my opinion, you only need look at the teeth of an average person in Taipei compared with BKK to come to the conclusion that for some reason, TW dentists are rubbish. That or Taiwanese people just don’t believe in going to the dentist.[/quote]

thats the same price as here…i did some research on this; prices are much the same for cosmetic work. but yeah avoid the neighborhood dentists. you want to go to dentists who specialize in cosmetic procedures for people with money i.e. non-NHI jobs.