Garmin watch

I’ve never had “surprise” taxes from Amazon: when you get to the penultimate stage, just before you pay, you should see both shipping charges and an import fee deposit included in your bill. You can judge if it’s an acceptable number or not. Maybe other people have had other taxes added later on, after arrival in Taiwan, but it hasn’t happened to me.

No idea about warranties. I tend to assume that, no matter what paperwork from the North American end says, it won’t apply here anyway - or at least it won’t apply without me putting in both more time and more Chinese than I have available.

I see. Were they sent via USPS? I know using USPS you dont get surprise charges. I always make sure that the US import I do is via USPS. If they are not, I will have it shipped to my aunt in Hongkong.

I know warranties are international. But I guess it is always more convenient if you can get it locally.

Sorry, I don’t remember the details about that. Probably whatever the default Amazon option was.

The screen shot I posted above shows the Amazon cost plus shipping and taxes to Taiwan.

:frowning_face: I’d talked myself out of getting any fitness tracker or smartwatch, but this thread has me tempted to spend too much money again …

1 Like

Looks like the traininn site might be a scam. So I guess I ending up buying from Amazon which is on sale right now.

Now… what is the likelihood that the price will drop in the next few days, especially Cyber monday? Hmm

Update:

Saw that Garmin is doing a good deal of $300, with shipping and customs, it’s cheaper… so I bite. Now waiting for the item to arrive.

And they told me it’s going to arrive between 12 Dec to 25 Dec. Really hoping to receive it before 20th since I’m out of country.

So I got an email from UPS regarding I guess clearance and I think this is the brokerage fee people are talking about (which I was alluding to as extorting fee).

Anyone have deal with this? With my not so good chinese skills… can someone help me?

Good, good. Give in to the dark side.

What’s your take on the Venu? Is it better than Apple Watch or Vivoactive 4?

I’m thinking of getting a smartwatch for the gym and hiking. Not so much as a daily wear, though not having to recharge daily is good.

Venu/Vivoactive4 is almost the counterpart of Apple Watch. I would say, if you have an Apple phone, get Apple watch. Venu has the fancy AMOLED while Vivoactive does not have. And therefore VivoActive is cheaper.

I heard Garmin is great with tracking and more accurate. If you are going to be numbers geek, then I supposed get Venu or VivoActive. It’s probably a lot more health/fitness-focused. I have not read much about Apple Watch but since I have android phone, I go with VivoActive. If you want to do a whole lot more than tracking, Apple Watch has smart functionalities.

Garmin claims to have longer battery life.

1 Like