⛽ Gas Prices?

I only have to put gas in my scooter about once a month, and the amount is minimal, but I was wondering what are the gas prices here?

I would assume that the measurement is in litters (if not correct me please), but how much per litter is it? I never pay attention, but I just read that gas prices in Malibu, CA are $3.05/gallon US. Makes me happy knowing I do not have to fill up my car twice a week any longer.

Thanks for the help.

Gas is about $2.92 a gallon now in Taiwan, which isn’t that much of a variation in price. China Petroleum will make a mint with high NT gas prices and oil priced in USD.

Damn!! That is expensive. I can remember about 10 years ago when gas was under $.80/gallon in GA. When I left a little over a year ago it was only $1.40, but then again GA does have the cheapest gas in the country (US).

I guess I am getting old, never thought I would hear myself saying how I can remember how much gas was…

When I first bought a car 6 years ago it cost NT600 to fill. Now it’s almost NT1000. Time to dig out that MRT pass and get the scooter up and running.

95 Octane was NT$22.9 last time I filled the old blue monster. I remember late 2001, when I got my first car here. It was NT$17, and yes, I could fill my car for NT$600 - now I am looking at a thou as well.

However, don’t blame the Taiwanese, oil was US$20 per barrel back then, now it’s above US$50 for the same quantity.

News reporting gas prices are at their lowest level since 2002 at just over NT$18 per litre.

1 Like

I commend you on your dedication to dig up a 15 year old thread with 5 posts rather than make a new one.

A true Forumosan (there is no proper salute emoji or I would use it) @tempogain would be proud.

6 Likes

Which one? Tell me it’s 95…

After the adjustments, gasoline prices at CPC pumps will drop to NT$18.2 per liter for 92 octane unleaded, NT$19.7 per liter for 95 unleaded and NT$21.7 per liter for 98 unleaded.

The privately run FPCC said prices at its gas stations will be NT$18.2 per liter for 92 unleaded, NT$19.6 per liter for 95 unleaded, NT$21.7 per liter for 98 unleaded and NT$15.2 per liter for diesel.

3 Likes

There is
:salute:

That’s an emoticon/smilie, not an emoji.

:raising_hand_woman:t3: This is the equivalent emoji and it’s more a wave than a salute.

Related question.

On Monday the price of gas always changes in Taiwan. It’s there a website that I can check on Sundays to see what the price will be the next day, so I know whether to fill up immediately (if price will rise) or wait until the next day (if price will drop)?

Thanks.

Generally announced on the local news. Maybe CPC put it on their website, https://www.cpc.com.tw/ ?

Ridiculously low.

Found it

https://gas.goodlife.tw/

Rock bottom prices right now. I used to let my scooter go to almost empty and it would be NT120ish to refill. Today it was NT74.

By the way, thanks for the news on this. I know how much it takes to fill up - it had been basically the same for a long time - and I was thinking everybody all of a sudden got super incompetent and wasn’t filling it full anymore. Glad to know it’s the prices going down.

Really cheap. I paid 16,9 TWD per liter this Monday!

January I was paying 765 TWD for the same amount. Now it is cheaper by a third.

95??

yes