Gay friendly school?!?!

I just saw an ad in the “Jobs” forum for Happy Marian near Tai-da this is actually specifically recruiting “gay males” … I never thought I’d see that … :noway:

Maybe they were watching the Flintstones and heard “…Let’s have a gay old time” and thought that would be a cool phrase to use. :ponder:

[quote=“LittleBuddhaTW”]I just saw an ad in the “Jobs” forum for Happy Marian near Tai-Da this is actually specifically recruiting “gay males” … I never thought I’d see that … :noway:[/quote]Does that advert comply with “Non-Discrimination” standards?

Do ANY of the schools EVER comply with “Non-Discrimination” standards? Maybe about 10%…

I saw the ad as well. You have to wonder what stereotype they have in mind. Do they think all gay males are soft and effeminate? Is that what they want? It’s bad enough when employers discriminate based on age or gender, but to target a sexaul orientation is just plain strange. I suppose it’s better than saying gays need not apply, but I just wonder what their motivation is for trying to specifically attract a gay male for the position.

[quote=“Truant”]Maybe they were watching the Flintstones and heard “…Let’s have a gay old time” and thought that would be a cool phrase to use. :ponder:[/quote]The Flintsones are gay ? :noway:

Where’s this ad ? I’ve looked in the jobs forums and the forumosafields, any chance of a linky ?

Yes, I pondered that myself. Somehow I doubt it’s because the parents are demanding it a la blonde female under 25.

I’m just wondering if anyone is going to complain to the school?

I bet if the ad was worded “Applicant must not be a gay male” then there might be some complaining…

Nope.

boss trying to kill 2 birds with one stone? no pun intended lol

When I saw it I just assumed it was a joke. Maybe someone got refused a job because they were gay and wanted to stir some sh@t up. I can’t imagine a school specifically requesting gay males. On the other hand this is Taiwan, and stranger things have been known to happen.

I guess there’s only one way to find out for sure.

I guess there’s only one way to find out for sure.[/quote]
Take the ‘proof test’ during the interview.

Why on earth would anyone mention their sexual preferences? That’s like a straight person walking into an interview saying they like blondes, or prefer to be dominated!!!

wow, sex and school doesn’t mix!!!

Maybe it’s a plot by the Taiwanese government. They’ll print the names and pictures of all the gay men who apply, along with a big write-up about how these degenerate westerners have brought aids to Taiwan and are being deported.

:roflmao:

gayfriendlyschool… :roflmao:

[quote=“Dr_Zoidberg”][quote=“Redmenace”]When I saw it I just assumed it was a joke. Maybe someone got refused a job because they were gay and wanted to stir some sh@t up. I can’t imagine a school specifically requesting gay males. On the other hand this is Taiwan, and stranger things have been known to happen.[/quote]I guess there’s only one way to find out for sure.[/quote]Maybe they will have the applicants re-decorate their office?
Make wardrobe suggestions?

So much for “Don’t ask, Don’t Tell”

I think we can safely assume that this job post was a joke…or worse.

I’m going to lock this thread, as it’s becoming foolish.

If you disagree with this move, please PM me or go to feedback.

Jdsmith
TEIT co-mod