Gay Labels

QM (and LB etc.): Breathe, boyz, breathe. It’s not nearly a big a deal as you think I’m making it out to be.

Mostly disturbing when the straight community appropriates our words. It takes a very close straight friend to be able to use words like these without raising the hairs on the back of my neck. It also bothers me when gay people use labels that are unfair. Like I said, it’s rarely productive. Having fun and kidding around with your friends is a different matter. Do you really think I’m that hardcore?

Thank you. But usually that’s how labels are used.

Yep.

Come on. You are a smart guy. Just read that single post, and I’m sure you can figure it out.

Thank you.

Don’t be silly. Of course I have preferences, who doesn’t? That’s why labels are even more difficult. People look at a trend or a preference, and immediately attach a label. Wuuuuuu liao.

Again, don’t be silly. GAM and GWM are often designations which people choose for themselves. If the owner of the label thinks it’s acceptable, then so do I. These labels aren’t usually open for debate, unless the person is not satisfied with being pigeonholed with the word gay. Most of the people I know and run into (esp. here in TW) don’t have problems with the word “gay”, and neither do I. That’s just getting academic and nit-picky. That said, if somebody doesn’t like the word gay to refer to him/herself then I avoid it.

Thank you, again. But I go back to my previous statement, the vast majority of labeling goes on when people really don’t know how to identify another person. In your words… lots of silliness. From a communications perspective, labeling and prejudice act as social lubricants for first-time communicative situations. Easy to understand, but possibly detrimental. I’d rather not know what to say the first time I meet somebody rather than develop a bunch of false impressions and conceptions of the other person.

My point exactly.

Don’t think too much. Bie xiang tai duo le. :slight_smile:

I’m breathing. I’m breathing. Unless, of course, I can convince someone to give me mouth to mouth. :stuck_out_tongue: Though, I find that it is very hard to tell through text how “big of a deal” someone really finds it. That’s why, though I think discussions of this sort are fun, I think they are not as well suited for this kind of medium. Unless, of course, you make full use of those emoticons. :smiley:

I don’t know you well enough to know how “hard-core” you are. And, well, I wouldn’t want to “label” you anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, thanks for calling me “a smart guy.” That’s very kind. However, I still can’t figure out what you are referring to. :blush: That’s ok, though. I’ll take your word for it.

Moi? Wo? Me? Silly? NEVER!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Now you sound like my bf. :laughing:

i hope we aren’t dating the same guy… :laughing:

There are lots of single men here in their 30s-40s, no matter what people say.

Sure there are Flicka, and all I have asked is that you introduce me to ONE…and if I may be so bold…I prefer one that doesn’t live at home with his parents, isn’t hiding his sexuality from everyone, isn’t dating a woman, wants more than a one night stand, and is comfortable with who he is outside a sauna…is that too much to ask?
Introduce me to ONE nice 30-40’s guy and I will take him out to dinner and see what happens.
Fair enough? :sunglasses:

And before we trash every older gwm dating a younger gam, maybe we should ask who is pursuing whom?

I rather like the term “queer”. To me, “gay” refers to hairless men in tight t-shirts never defining themselves beyond how they like to have sex, occasionally arguing the artistic merits of Gaga and Madonna with an intensity only heightened by the pressure of their cute briefs against their shaved balls. “Gay” makes me think of an insecure man surrounded by five fat women who constantly giggle at his clever and catty insults on all things pop culture and surface. That is “gay”. I like being queer, which to me just means different. I like dick, but I don’t like the form that the emancipated gay is taking. We can and should do better.