Same Sex Marriage

Most christians I know bare zero hate for gay people. But here is the thing, to christians, the bible is the direct word of God. The bible is clear on marriage between a man and women in the eyes of God. So to do otherwise is to directly disobey God. But the question is how do you treat gay people, and should there be a distinction between the ceremonial marriage of the christian tradition and the civil legal union approved by the state. This is the conversation the LGBT community is not having with Christians, I think they should try to understand this. If the LGBT community argues for the distinction between state approved marriage and the ceremonial christian marriage, I think a lot of people would be completely open as Taiwan’s laws and legal traditions are not really directly based on Christian traditions.

And also, it’s not like Taiwan is a major Christian country, it has way more to do with cultural norms here. And also which religious countries are the ones who hold extreme views on homosexuality? In malaysia, a moderate muslim country, homosexuality in punishable by public caning. How do you think the majority of muslims in Taiwan voted?