Same Sex Marriage

First of all, I’m not saying anyone is or isn’t a bigot.

You want people to make a “distinction between state approved marriage and the ceremonial Christian marriage”. But there’s no such thing in Taiwan, legally speaking, as religious marriage, so why are you trying to ram an open door?

Should (legally valid) religious marriage be created?

So you’re agreeing with me but you still have to argue? :upside_down_face:

In case you missed the text in the onebox, the Muslim population in Taiwan is approximately 60,000 citizens and 180,000 foreigners, the point being, any speculation about how “the majority of Muslims in Taiwan” (as distinct from Taiwanese Muslims) vote in any referendum or election should take that into consideration.

(While we’re at it, Muslims are less than 0.3% of citizens, about 23% of foreigners, and about 1% of citizens and foreigners combined, if the numbers supplied by the government are accurate. I assume those numbers don’t include “escaped foreigners”.)

On another note, since you’re so upset by feminists not protesting gender inequality in conscription (even though you supposedly don’t care), what do you think of gender inequality in the minimum age for marriage? It’s 18 for men boys, 16 for women girls. (Anyone under 20 is a minor and therefore requires special permission.) Under the same sex marriage relationship law, it’s 18, period.

I doubt we’ll see any families petitioning for the right to marry their underage daughters to each other, but objectively speaking it’s discrimination against lesbians… or rather in their favor, if a low minimum age is a bad thing. But whether the age should be 16 or 18, making it uniformly 18 for gay marriage relationships is a step towards gender equality, right?

Yes, for anyone who missed it: