George Carlin - Who Really Controls America

George Carlin - Who Really Controls America. Couldn’t have said it better myself.

So true.

That whole show is a riot. Never laughed my arse off so hard in a long time. Especially when he talks about suicide.

For this guy :upyours:

Why? This guy generally nails it on the head about bs in America.

I don’t think it’s as easy as blaming the man. I’m reading this book on economics now, and… it just aint that easy.

He says education won’t get better because “The Man” is stopping it, but he didn’t really get into the hows and whys. He just went off on some rant about how big business owns everything and is brainwashing you with adverts.

He might be good with words and all, but he aint no economist. He wasn’t as funny as I’ve remembered him being either.

I didn’t think he was funny 40 years ago and I don’t see that he’s changed.

Why? This guy generally nails it on the head about bs in America.[/quote]

The French prefer the more intellectual humor of Jerry Lewis.

I wasn’t alive 40 years ago, and anything with swearing in it is funny when you’re 8.

What book on Economics are you reading Miltownkid? How does it explain who controls America or why the education system seems to be failing many kids?

Carlin is a comedian not an economist, so it’s not surprising that his comedy isn’t spot on with the economic explanation that others on the forum may be privy to. And, maybe it’s not that simple to explain, but ya know, lots of times it does feel like a big red, white and blue dick is being shoved up the asshole as George Carlin puts it. Will it really make much difference if I send $30 to a political organization that doesn’t quite match up with my priorities? If I live in a red state and am for a blue candidate will it make much difference if I go to the polls and vote? Or vice versa? I empathize with the general message - the rich are getting richer, and the poor poorer, and I often feel powerless to do anything about it. And, I think there are a majority of folks out there who feel similarly. So, they turn their attention to the “values” issues, and vote for that stuff rather than voting in candidates that claim they’ll fight for helping out the common man (the majority of folks rather than the elite rich) in an economically meaningful way,

Bodo

Bubba controls America, and don’t you forget it Bubba.

Then stop there. That people are taking his COMEDY ROUTINE as a legitimate criticism of American (or anyone else’s) policies is…well, THAT is funny.

MTK is on the money.

It is also humorous that big business is ruining education, when last I knew, most colleges and universities were heavily liberal, yet the increasingly rely on big money from big business.

Who’s your whore?

Apparently my girlfriend’s ass can really freak Taiwanese boys. I warned her not to go out tonight with those Daisy Duke shorts, but she did. Those scooter perverts.

That’s right, yes. A hot female ass, she controls the entire world. Nobody gives a shit about Howard, nobody outside of Australia even knows his name. The real prime minister is Kylie Minogue. Her ass rules Australia.

Woot. You think Big Daddy’s watching you?

Check out my kid.

I’m reading “Basic Economics - A Citizen’s Guide to the Economy: Revised and Expanded Edition.” The book isn’t written with a bunch of numbers and graphs (so far), it written with real life examples that explain basic pricipals of economics. I’m only on page 50 of a 350 page book, and it’s already beat up on theories sold to me in the past about why things are the way they are. Theories that have been sold to me by people like George Carlin (which is funny, because he makes a big deal out of the media and brainwashing, at least they do it on purpose.)

Maybe if he did less complaining or more doing I wouldn’t be bothered. I mean, he’s obviously pretty good at getting people hype. Now, what to do with that hypeness once you’ve got it (it seems even he doesn’t know.)

Firstly, I think education is trash everywhere in America. I’ve attended an elite private school, your usual public school and an alternative school. Of the three I enjoyed my stay at the alternative school the most (and learned the most there.) But that was a program that only had 100+ students in it at any one time.

Secondly, because public schools are run by government, that means they’re going to be even more trash. No one profits from taking the time to choose the BEST math book (when it comes time to find new books) so no one cares. Now you could call the people who make those garbage books greedy, but I wouldn’t. They’re doing their best to make a book that might win the government contracts, which means they can’t invest a bunch of money on hiring the PIMPEST OF THE PIMP math champions to write it. No matter how one slices it your going to get garbage because the government is only willing to spend so much (just enough to break the utter shit line and cross over into garbage.) You could tell me about pay-offs and things that get people these contracts, and I’m not saying they don’t happen. It’s just that pay-offs and dirty tricks aren’t the only (or even main I’d guess) reason why education in America is ass.

Why do they only spend enough for garbage? They do that because they have to keep the cost low because they provide school for free 'til highschool. Making school free allows everyone to get “educated” (even the poor) but at what cost? Now I’m just 50 pages into a book on economics, and don’t really know much of anything. What I do know is that some simple explanations of how economics works has changed my view of things I thought I “knew.”

An example of free in the book… There was a part of a courty (somewhere) that gave it’s people free electricity and food. What did they do with that subsidy? Did they cherish and try to minimize their uses as to not put to much of a burdon on the government? Nope. They invited friends over, left lights on, played Xbox to the wee hours of the night, etc. Government kills that subsidy and electricity use “magically” comes back down to a regular level.

I was hoping that I’d go to George Carlin’s website and find information for battling “The Man”, tips for saving money and getting out of debt, how to unbrainwash myself, but instead his site goes straight to his store selling his books with more rants about shit he don’t know.

You know what’s funny … the chinese are buying US governement bonds to enable the US to keep buying consumer goods made in China … :bravo:

The joke’ll be on China though when the US Treasury prints out a few trillion dollars worth of dollars and pays of their debt to Chinese 40 cents on the dollars!

:laughing:

That’s what Tricky Dick did in the 70s. Hardeeharhar

[quote=“miltownkid”]
Firstly, I think education is trash everywhere in America. I’ve attended an elite private school, your usual public school and an alternative school. [/quote]

And still you be an ignorant dumbass. Yeah, we all get your point loud and clear, boy!

:smiley:

That was a cheap shot, no offense to Miltown Boy. A great cheap shot is hard to resist!

The joke’ll be on China though when the US Treasury prints out a few trillion dollars worth of dollars and pays of their debt to Chinese 40 cents on the dollars!

:laughing:

That’s what Tricky Dick did in the 70s. Hardeeharhar[/quote]

They are going to have to … the only money they have left is plastic … :wink: