George Floyd 2021 and trial

I would say he addressed that most clearly near the end after reading a quote from the autopsy report from the Statement of Probable Cause at 1:20, saying that neither report says that he had a lethal dose of fentanyl in his system. He specifically pointed to Chauvin’s actions in the last several minutes at least, when “force was no longer necessary to control him” and bystanders were shouting out warnings, as likely to land him in jail.

3 Likes

Moved the recent George Floyd posts and discussion to here, if anyone has a problem with the title or move, let me know by PM. Thank you.

3 Likes

I will watch, but I note:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/new-court-docs-say-george-floyd-had-fatal-level-of-fentanyl-in-his-system/ar-BB18pb0p

1 Like

It’s going to be a key point of argument, I assume. Not sure what evidence will be presented, but to me on the surface, it seems like a hard sell that Floyd happened to be catastrophically ODing at the same time as Chauvin was kneeing his neck, given that we saw him in a pretty normal if agitated state at the beginning of the whole thing. The training materials Broady presented there are interesting and will be a key part of the defense, I guess, but he makes the point that even with that, people are still responsible for personal judgments made depending on the situation.

4 Likes

I don’t think there was anything during that video which seemed “normal” to me. Also, I think one of the allegations is that Floyd ingested drugs in the beginning of the encounter. I’ve seen someone point to video evidence, though I found it anything but dispositive. He did, however, have a history of doing this: https://www.mncourts.gov/mncourtsgov/media/High-Profile-Cases/27-CR-20-12646/NoticeofIntent08282020.pdf

Also, it would take about 15-30 minutes for a normal dose to start being felt…I’m guessing a huge dose may be effective faster. Either way, it fits the timeline perfectly.

Have you seen the first part? He was communicative, he was about to drive his car away. He had just bought stuff in a store. He doesn’t look like what I would expect from a person quickly about to be OD’ing on opiates. I have seen that suggestion that he had something in his mouth which he might have then ingested. Maybe. We’ll have to see all the evidence.

Yeah, he seemed high as a kite to me, and to the officers.

The first thing you hear is him crying and making inarticulate statements. You seem he moving and acting very strangely. The officers comment about foam on his mouth and ask him why he is acting so erratically. Contrast that to the guy in the passenger seat.

Even if he weren’t extremely high at the beginning, there was more than enough time for the drugs to reach that level if he ingested the drugs when the cops got him, as some claim.

He died with more than 3 times the level that can be fatal, and he had significant other health factors which could contribute to his death being an OD.

Remember, the standard is beyond a reasonable doubt. I don’t know how anyone couldn’t have a reasonable doubt with what I’ve seen.

https://youtu.be/NjKjaCvXdf4

2 Likes

Maybe. I have a picture in my mind of what someone about to OD on opiates is like, and that ain’t it. Could be though. I’ll wait for more evidence to come out in the trial.

That’s why we’re glad you’re not an impartial jurist or judge.

1 Like

I’m sorry that you find science and facts so objectionable.

4 Likes

Not at all. I simply find YOUR layman’s “science and facts” objectionable.

2 Likes

Here’s a fact from an article you shared earlier

Yes, but please remember the burden and standard of proof in a trial. At least, a fair and impartial one. I’m not saying that Floyd wasn’t killed by Chauvin. I’m saying that with the available evidence that I’ve seen, an impartial view of that cannot find him guilty of either murder or manslaughter. I suspect that he may be convicted of the latter, but not on an impartial application of the law.

3 Likes

Uh, because there’s a guy on video kneeling on his neck until he asphyxiates to death in broad daylight?

I mean its understandable that certain news outlets will promote a narrative thet he was on drugs because they have a vested interest in a narrative of black criminality and to protect the police from accountability.

He was on drugs, that isn’t debatable. That you don’t like facts doesn’t mean there’s a narrative.

2 Likes

So white supremacy isn’t a narrative, but black criminality is? Interesting…

2 Likes

I’m looking at the fact that there was a cop kneeling on his neck until he choked to death first and foremost.

I understand a narrative thet drugs killed him is useful to certain ends.

It’s going to depend heavily on how he took the drug. I’m not aware of how he took the fent.

He almost would have certainly got power form of it in Minnesota. If He was going to OD from IV, he would have dropped pretty instantly in most circumstances unless he took meth later that put him over the edge.

He likely snorted it, it would have still hit him pretty hard in a few minutes. But it may take some time for his body to stop functioning with meth in his system and being kneed.

A lot of it really depends on how he took the drugs and the timing of the drugs. Idk how they can present evidence for these things now that he’s dead and can’t say.

Blah blah blah, narrative blah. This is a trial that’s going to be decided on facts. You don’t get to just pick and choose the ones you like.

Why, we do that with the Capitol insurrection. I guess its about the right to be selective, and with what facts.