Get the hell out of here! *new users only*

I’ve been floundered and received unsolicited abuse…but I found 90% of what goes on in Forumosa stimulating, enriching and good for a laugh. I’m learning and possibly helping to amuse or enlighten others, satisfaction factor = HIGH

I wish I could have an avatar though…

All good things in all good time…

No, that was Richardn. One day they’ll make a film about you too.

If you think your Afrikaans is bad, you should hear your English! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah bannshette,

I recall that in a couple of your posts, did come across as insulting and harsh themselves. If that wasn’t the case, then on your left is a group of emoticons that would help define the point you are making.

I just recently encountered my first blast. Generally my posts are ignored, or not answered enough. LOLOL But overall customer satisfaction with Forumosa rates high. Everyone generally is good hearted and wants the best , but for those who do tend to get their kicks out of blasting people online, just have some issues cause they get their power kicks out of it. Pass them on by, hold your own and just let your light shine.

I think a lot of things makes sense if you think of Forumosa like you would with similar real-life situations. For example, going to a new neighborhood and school. You’re new and so the process of assimilating into your new school and making new friends is a slow process. When the new person comes in, everyone is going to be wary, checking out the new person. If the new person is splashy, people are going to talk. There are those who like to make a big show when they come into new surroundings. That’s fine if you can carry it off, but not too many people have that kind of chutzpah.

As a newbie, you’re entitled to be seen and not heard…if you want to be known, you have to do it quietly. Eventually, you’re going to build friends and then with friends who’ll help bring you into the fold, then you’ll be accepted. If not, antagonizing people because you want to be you, well, ok, but in the end, you’re risking being rejected from the group. May be fine for many people, but I don’t think anyone really wants that in the end.

So what I saw in banshette’s case was a new girl from out of town coming to join our group. Came in too loudly and brashly, trying to “impress”. It was too heavy-handed and became very annoying, very fast. The more she pushed into the group, the more the group pushed back. Now she’s been kicked out of her own accord because she couldn’t assimilate or integrate into Forumosa’s culture. This leads me to wonder, who will she ever deal with living in Taiwan if she can’t relate to expats on Forumosa ???

There should be a newbie FAQ.

Everyone else has been quite nice so far on this thread, but I’m going to come straight out and be totally honest with you.

If you don’t like it, just bugger off. No-one’s forcing you to post here, no-one’s forcing you to read what anyone else posts, so if you really can’t stand the heat, get out. But remember this one point before you make your decision:

It’s just the Internet.

It’s not real life. It’s just letters on a screen. Taking things personally on the Internet, particularly from people who don’t even know in real life, is stupid. If someone pisses you off, close that thread and go read something else. If everyone pisses you off, leave. But try just chilling out a bit first.

Which, of course, is why we don’t see Rascal or Tigerman posting anymore.

Fantastic!! Good heavens!! What replies!!! :bravo:
Wolf, you’re right. I’m hooked. And if you carry on calling me “my pretty” you’re sure to get a Christmas card one of these days.
I wish I had more time to answer / reply to everything - have to go help a very ill friend in Hualien for a few days. But I’ll be back. Almost like Arnie but not quite.
In short, you all made very good points.
iris, you’re a darling. bob, I told you already I’m growing fond of you LOL!!! Alleycat, your Afrikaans isn’t bad at all!! I’ve been to your establishment, but won’t be able to attend your happy hours as I’m one of those unfortunates who work at night. Maybe I should change my nic to Draculess?? stragbasher, nope, as you can see, no happy hour for me :frowning:
All I can say at this stage, is that I’m NEVER nasty first. But I will refrain from reacting to idiocies in future.
Just ONE little warning to the idiot who called me a cockney: I’m an Afrikaans South African. Never, ever call me any kind of Englishman again, not if you want to live. With apologies to my English friends, but they know what I mean, anyway.
Catch you all later - choose your weapons and name your seconds, I’m not scared and I’m not trying to “impress” you. :sunglasses:

And THAT, Banshette, is called turning a trick to your advantage. Nice post! :bravo:

Good come back banshette…Ya got sand.

(thats a compliment)

Which, of course, is why we don’t see Rascal or Tigerman posting anymore.[/quote]

Just a point of clarification. I didn’t tire of being nailed. I tired of nailing Rascal.

In any event, I’m still posting… just in a more whimsical manner these days.

Nah, that name bites.

Nah, that name bites.[/quote]
Sucks, too.

Banshette, I have met most of the people who have responded here and can vouch that shutting them out would cause you to miss some of the most interesting and witty people I know here on this little green (and betel nut-brown) island. We all get a swift kick from time to time (with the exception of maybe tigerman and wolf reinhold…who, don’t tell, but despite my initial fear of their online personas, turned out to be okay guys in real life). Lord knows I’ve gotten quite a few, but if I had quit this site because of them, I would have left before there was even talk of oriented.com. Stick around, come meet us in person and find out. We oldbies (can I even call myself that yet?) aren’t nearly as bad as our barks imply.

Dracumore, perhaps?

Nah, that name bites.[/quote]
Sucks, too.[/quote]
Damn! She really gets around! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Nah, I give wolf a swift kick every now and again. As such, I am the only exception.

Alright Tetsuo…out with the “internet tough guy” image…or even better if you can modify it or find one that says “internet tough gal”. :laughing:

Give me a bit of time - I just spent the past couple of hours working on this: